Category:Trinity Church, Loop (Chicago)
English: The Episcopal Trinity Church on the south side of Jackson Street between Michigan and Wabash was built in 1860 after the design by Theodore Vigo Wadskier. Trinity Church on Jackson Street was the second place of worship erected by the congregation, the first Trinity Church stood on Madison Street near Clark. Daniel Bluestone stated, Trinity Church provided a model for churches built in residential neighbourhoods by "adopting the form of the small Medieval English parish church rather than the form of the great city cathedral.” The second building named Trinity Church could seat a thousand people on its main floor, another four hundred in its galleries. In 1841, when the members of St. James Episcopal Church, located in the North Division, decided that the city’s growth demanded the establishment of a second Episcopal congregation, Trinity Church congregation was formed in the South Division. In 1851 a third congregation, Grace Church, was organised.
Media in category "Trinity Church, Loop (Chicago)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- COLBERT(1871) p261 JACKSON STREET.jpg 2,431 × 2,278; 3.09 MB
- Trinity Church, Jackson St, by Copelin & Melander 2.jpg 2,737 × 1,391; 1.58 MB
- Trinity Church, Jackson St, by Copelin & Melander 2.png 2,737 × 1,391; 5.07 MB
- Trinity Church, Jackson St, by Copelin & Melander.jpg 2,737 × 1,372; 1.49 MB
- Trinity Church, Jackson St, by Copelin & Melander.png 2,737 × 1,372; 4.82 MB