Category:Troikas (horse driving)
Troika (тройка in Russian) is a three-horse drawn sled or carriage that entered vogue in Russia at the start of the 19th century and became a widespread subject of paintings. It is distinguishable from normal three-abreast arrangements by that the middle horse is tacked in shaft bow harness, while the side horses are not. The preferable style to drive a troika would be such that the side horses are at canter or gallop, and the middle one at trot.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Troikas in art (2 C, 5 F)
Media in category "Troikas (horse driving)"
The following 20 files are in this category, out of 20 total.
- 1984 CPA 5582.jpg 870 KB
- Arbeidshester (1935).jpg 1.21 MB
- PalekhTroikaWolves.jpg 74 KB
- RR5111-0183R.png 212 KB
- Shaft-bow-1.jpg 121 KB
- Troika akron.jpg 398 KB
- Troika Anspannung.svg 32 KB
- Troika palais-de-paul101.JPG 1.27 MB
- Troika palais-de-paul102.JPG 1.37 MB
- Troika-Peterburg.jpg 37 KB
- TroikaLermontov.jpg 25 KB
- Сверчков Тройка 1.jpg 129 KB
- Тройка 1925.jpg 1.71 MB