Category:Turkey Falls bridge
English: The Turkey Falls bridge spanned the Merrimack River between Bow and Concord, New Hampshire. The first bridge, a covered wooden bridge, was built in 1852 for the Portsmouth & Concord Railroad. The Concord and Manchester Electric Branch also began using the bridge in 1902 using a gauntlet track. A new steel bridge was built in 1912. The Electric Branch ceased operations in 1933; the Suncook Valley stopped service (including the run into Concord on the ex-P&C) in 1952. The steelwork was soon removed, likely the for war effort, but the piers remain.
Media in category "Turkey Falls bridge"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Derail at Turkey Falls bridge, 1904.jpg 670 × 784; 78 KB
- Interior of Turkey Falls bridge, 1904.jpg 691 × 784; 82 KB
- Piers of former Merrimack River bridge near Bow Junction, August 2016.JPG 4,320 × 3,240; 3.25 MB
- Tower operator for Turkey Falls bridge, 1904.jpg 663 × 784; 72 KB