Category:Union League Club of Brooklyn
The Union League Club of Brooklyn at 19-29 Rogers Avenue at Dean Street in the Crown Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City, was established in 1887. The Union Leagues in various cities (Philadelphia, New York and Chicago among them) were Republican organizations dedicated to preserving the Union before and after the Civil War. The Brooklyn club erected this clubhouse in 1889-90, designed by P. J. Lauritzen in the Richardsonian Romanesque revival style, and featuring medallions of Lincoln and Grant in the spandrels of the archways. The club sponsored William Ordway Partridge's 1896 equestrian statue of Grant which stands across from it in Grant Square. The building was the headquarters of the Unity Club, a Jewish social organization, from 1913 to 1943. It is now the Fort Greene Grant Square Senior Center, although it is not located in the Fort Greene neighborhood. The building is located in the Crown Heights North Historic District. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.))
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Union League Club of Brooklyn"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- FG Grant Sq Senior Center Dean Bedford jeh.jpg 3,000 × 3,595; 1.31 MB
- Union League Club Brooklyn Grant medallion.jpg 2,534 × 1,851; 900 KB
- Union League Club Brooklyn Lincoln medallion.jpg 2,518 × 1,908; 1.05 MB
- Union League Club Brooklyn.jpg 2,311 × 1,923; 969 KB
- Union League Club of Brooklyn; 2018-10-18.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 2.08 MB
- Union League Club ornamentation.jpg 2,067 × 2,526; 708 KB
- Union League Club Unity Club cornerstone.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 1.8 MB