Category:United States Naval Academy
The United States Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland, is a service academy established by Congress for the purpose of training and educating midshipmen (a training rank only) to become Ensigns in the navy or Second Lieutenants in the Marine Corps. Some few educated there alternatively choose the Army or Air Force. Some citizens of foreign nations also attend, to become members of their own armed forces. Midshipmen who become unqualified for service may graduate but are discharged without a commission. Resignation or discharge for academic reasons does not relieve the individual of military obligation. In contrast to the Military Academy at West Point, midshipmen are also inducted into the Navy, if they are not already serving.
This category has the following 44 subcategories, out of 44 total.
- ► Events at the United States Naval Academy (6 C, 68 F)
- ► Flooding at the USNA (3 F)
- ► Louis M. Goldsborough (1 P, 4 F)
- ► Graduation ceremonies of the United States Naval Academy (9 C, 87 F)
- ► Herndon Monument (31 F)
- ► John Paul Jones and the USNA (31 F)
- ► Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (33 C, 23 F)
- ► Religion at the USNA (3 C, 3 F)
- ► Visiting dignitaries at the United States Naval Academy (3 C, 50 F)
- ► Water Treatment Plant, USNA (4 F)
Media in category "United States Naval Academy"
The following 22 files are in this category, out of 22 total.
- US Navy 111122-N-IL267-001 Midshipman pick patches.jpg 2,832 × 4,256; 1.57 MB
- USNA August 2002 01.jpg 1,428 × 996; 453 KB
- USNA August 2002 02.jpg 1,403 × 1,035; 317 KB
- USNA August 2002 03.jpg 1,412 × 1,040; 402 KB
- USNA Bandstand.JPG 2,816 × 2,112; 1.46 MB
- USNA Yard View 1.JPG 2,816 × 2,112; 1.45 MB
- USNA Yard View 2.JPG 2,816 × 2,112; 1.45 MB