Category:United States Naval Academy athletics
|Instance of||university and college sports club|
|Location||United States of America|
While recognizing that football is a major sport, the USNA offers a variety of other sports available to Navy Midshipmen at different levels. Battalion sports are a popular level; for example, if a midshipman does not qualify to try out for the Academy football team, he may still go out for battalion football. Every midshipman is required to sign up for a sport, any sport, at some level. Sports activity occurs mainly in the late afternoon after classes. In addition to these intramural sports, the regular curriculum provides introductory classes on each sport. The midshipmen are expected to keep themselves physically fit and are tested periodically. Remedial courses are assigned to those who are judged in need of them.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Navy Midshipmen football (11 C, 34 F)
- ► Golf, USNA (2 F)
- ► Hockey, USNA (3 F)
- ► Lacrosse, USNA (5 F)
Media in category "United States Naval Academy athletics"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Annapolis crew, 1908 LCCN2014680302.jpg 5,810 × 4,235; 2.23 MB
- Annapolis crew, 1908 LCCN2014680302.tif 5,810 × 4,235; 23.47 MB
- Chet Gladchuk Jr. official photo.png 330 × 462; 215 KB
- Michael Moates and the US Naval Academy Mascot.jpg 720 × 960; 60 KB
- Navy Athletics logo.png 760 × 930; 20 KB
- Navy Athletics logo.svg 215 × 265; 2 KB
- Paul Kostacopoulos official Navy photo.jpg 544 × 719; 95 KB
- Pole vaulting LOC det.4a15081.jpg 4,742 × 3,685; 4.07 MB