|This category shows a South African Protected Site with SAHRA file reference 9/2/258/.|
|This category shows a South African Protected Site with SAHRA file reference 9/2/258/0040.|
English: Pretoria's old defence force headquarters in Potgieter / Kgosi Mampuru street is situated at the base of Salvokop. Elandspoort no. 193 was acquired by the ZAR government on 18 September 1860, which starting 4 May 1877 became a British military camp. From 1881 it became the base of the Transvaalsche Rijdende Artillerie, which was substantially built up in the late 1890's following the Jameson raid, as a base for the State artillery corps (Corps Staatsartillerie). It was the British and South African defence force headquarters after 1903, until it was superseded by Voortrekkerhoogte / Thaba Tshwane.
Media in category "Verdedigingshoofkwartier"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.