Category:Vicksburg National Military Park
English: Vicksburg National Military Park preserves the site of the American Civil War Battle of Vicksburg, waged from May 18 to July 4, 1863. The park, in Vicksburg, and Delta, also commemorates the greater Vicksburg Campaign, which preceded the battle. Reconstructed forts and trenches evoke memories of the 47-day siege that ended in the surrender of the city. Victory here and at Port Hudson gave the United States control of the Mississippi River.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► USS Cairo (ship, 1861) (9 F)
Media in category "Vicksburg National Military Park"
The following 46 files are in this category, out of 46 total.
- 18WisInfMonument.jpg 16 KB
- 19mattk l.jpg 134 KB
- 22attck l.jpg 146 KB
- Farragut Vicksburg.jpg 1.82 MB
- Fort Hill Vicksburg.JPG 3.54 MB
- Ill Monument VicksNB.jpg 4.61 MB
- Thayers Approach 1.JPG 3.44 MB
- Thayers Approach 2.JPG 3.37 MB
- Vicksburg (2576716710).jpg 3.17 MB
- Vicksburg cemetery 1956.JPG 383 KB
- Vicksburg Memorial Arch.jpg 2.92 MB
- Vicksburg NMP 2014 1.JPG 17.13 MB
- Vicksburg NMP 2014 2.JPG 12.04 MB
- Vicksburg park sign.JPG 1.4 MB
- Vicksburg Wisconsin Memorial.jpg 1.73 MB
- Vicksburg-USCT.JPG 248 KB
- Walnut Grove Vksbg.jpg 6.87 MB