Category:W. Stanley Moss
English: Ivan William "Billy" Stanley Moss MC (1921–1965), was a British army officer in World War II, and later a successful writer, broadcaster, journalist and traveller. He served with the Coldstream Guards and the Special Operations Executive (SOE). He was a best-selling author in the 1950s, based both on his novels and books about his wartime service. He featured events of his SOE years in Ill Met by Moonlight: The Abduction of General Kreipe (1950), which was adapted as a British film released under the main title in 1957. Moss travelled around the world and went to Antarctica to meet the Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition.
Français : Ivan William "Billy" Stanley Moss (1919-1965, MC). Nommé sous-lieutenant des Coldstream Guards le 2 août 1941 après un cours d'élève-officier (O.C.T.U.), il rejoint rapidement le Special Operations Executive au Caire (Egypte), puis à Bari (côte sud-est de l'Italie) et opère dans le bassin méditerranéen.
Media in category "W. Stanley Moss"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Kreipe Abduction Team.jpg 528 × 360; 76 KB
- Riverstown-house-cork.jpg 800 × 598; 191 KB
- W. Stanley Moss - Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition.jpg 1,143 × 1,446; 510 KB
- W. Stanley Moss - Damasta Operation.jpg 515 × 690; 101 KB
- W. Stanley Moss crop.jpg 711 × 744; 183 KB
- W. Stanley Moss's drawing of Kreipe Abduction Point.jpg 1,280 × 960; 566 KB
- W. Stanley Moss.jpg 1,282 × 1,370; 600 KB