Category:W. Taylor Birch House, 3099 Q Street NW
English: This home is a good example of the "baronial" type residence that was so often built by wealthy businessmen of the period to proclaim their new status. The heavy fortress-like expression of the exterior shelter sculpturally rich and spatially grand major living spaces. The picturesque variety of the exterior helps to integrate the buildings with its surroundings and a difficult hill site. This integration was formerly enhanced by a unobstructed view of Tudor Place and by the existence of a building of similar scale and form on the opposite southwest corner.
- HABS Survey number: HABS DC-187
- Building/structure dates: ca. 1890 Initial Construction
- Building/structure dates: ca. 1920 Subsequent Work
- Building/structure dates: 1926 Subsequent Work
Media in category "W. Taylor Birch House, 3099 Q Street NW"
The following 29 files are in this category, out of 29 total.
- W. Taylor Birch House, Georgetown, Washington, DC.jpg 3,899 × 2,848; 4.12 MB