Category:Walddeutsche (Polish Uplanders)
According to Wacław Maciejowski, writing in 1858, the people did not understand German but called themselves Głuchoniemcy. Wincenty Pol wrote in 1869 that their attire was similar to that of the Hungarian and Transylvanian Germans and that their main occupation was farming and weaving. He stated that in some areas, the people were of Swedish origin, however, they all spoke flawlessly in a Małopolska dialect of Polish. In 1885 Józef Szujski wrote that the Gluchoniemcy spoke only Polish, but there were traces of a variety of original languages which testified to the fact that, at the time of their arrival, the term Niemiec was applied to "everyone".The people inhabited the central and the southern half of the Beskids in Poland, including the Ciężkowickie, Strzyżowskie and Dynowskie Plateau as well as Jasło-Sanok Pits, from the White River (Biała) in the west to the San River in the east. They represent the component population groups inhabiting the Subcarpathian Voivodeship.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► At the Walddeutschen (71 C, 9 F)
- ► Franciszek Sowa (2 F)
- ► Galician Germans (7 C, 6 F)
- ► Log cabin from Korczyna, 1790 (4 F)
- ► Muzeum Kultury Ludowej w Kolbuszowej (1 C, 66 F)
- ► Upside down Christmas tree (1 C, 3 F)
Media in category "Walddeutsche (Polish Uplanders)"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.
- A The typical houses about Na Głuchoniemcach, skansen in Sanok 1.JPG 640 × 480; 308 KB
- Festiwal Kapel i Śpiewaków Ludowych.JPG 4,256 × 2,832; 4.37 MB
- GermanHamletsSince15th.jpg 2,797 × 2,095; 1,020 KB
- Markowa chata przyslupowa.jpg 1,200 × 900; 417 KB
- Na Głuchoniemcach, Skansen in Sanok 1.jpg 640 × 480; 238 KB
- Na Głuchoniemcach, Skansen in Sanok, 3.JPG 640 × 480; 304 KB
- Na Głuchoniemcach, Skansen in Sanok, Roznowice.JPG 640 × 480; 305 KB
- Skansen in Sanok (winter2).JPG 1,624 × 1,218; 533 KB
- SMBL zagroda jednoizbowa Krolik Polski p.jpg 3,008 × 1,892; 2.66 MB
- The typical houses about Na Głuchoniemcach, Skansen in Sanok 2.JPG 640 × 480; 286 KB
- The typical houses about Na Głuchoniemcach.jpg 640 × 480; 246 KB
- Walddeutsche, Skansen in Sanok.JPG 480 × 640; 257 KB