English: Willian is a small village in North Hertfordshire, with a population of approximately 326. Along with Norton and Old Letchworth, it is one of the original villages which the new town of Letchworth Garden City grew up around. Despite this, it retains a distinctive character. The village was referred to in the Domesday Book as "Wilie", and the name probably derives from a word meaning "willows".
village in United Kingdom
|Location||Hertfordshire, East of England, England|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► All Saint's Church, Willian (14 F)
Media in category "Willian, Hertfordshire"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Mediaeval house, Willian - geograph.org.uk - 757941.jpg 640 × 480; 127 KB
- Pond at Willian - geograph.org.uk - 757945.jpg 640 × 480; 115 KB
- The Fox, Willian - geograph.org.uk - 757932.jpg 640 × 480; 128 KB
- Willian Pond. - geograph.org.uk - 116059.jpg 640 × 482; 117 KB
- Willian Village Hall - geograph.org.uk - 116061.jpg 640 × 482; 104 KB
- Willian. - geograph.org.uk - 31294.jpg 640 × 480; 107 KB