farm village in the United Kingdom
|Location||Wilshamstead, Bedford, Bedfordshire, East of England, England, UK|
English: Wilstead is a village and civil parish in Bedfordshire, England, just off the A6 Bedford to Luton road, about five miles south of Bedford town centre, and within the Borough of Bedford. The name of the village has been spelled in many different ways, including Wilshamstead, Wylhamstead, and Willshamstead. Wilstead is now the usual name of the village, but the civil parish is named Wilshamstead. The council estimated the population of the parish at 2,550 in 2005. Most of the inhabitants live in the main village, but some live in other hamlets and isolated houses.
Media in category "Wilstead"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Carriage Drive, Wilstead - geograph.org.uk - 840583.jpg 640 × 480; 178 KB
- Old Cottages, Wilstead - geograph.org.uk - 808525.jpg 640 × 478; 131 KB
- Parish seat, Wilstead, Beds - geograph.org.uk - 187386.jpg 640 × 480; 427 KB
- Timber Truck heading to the woods - Sept 2009 - panoramio.jpg 2,288 × 1,712; 895 KB
- Wilstead Wood - August 2009 - panoramio.jpg 2,288 × 1,712; 904 KB
- Footpath sign on side of A6 near Wilstead - geograph.org.uk - 535902.jpg 640 × 480; 117 KB