Category:Yechiel Michel Epstein
This category contains scanned page images in DjVu format of the halakhic code Arukh Ha-Shulhan by Rabbi Yechiel Michel Epstein (יחיאל מיכל הלוי אפשטיין), a restatement of the Shulhan Arukh published 1884-1893, and other works by the author.
Large scanned images in PDF format, each file containing an entire volume of the work, can be found at HebrewBooks.org. For the Wikimedia Commons, these PDF full-volumes have been subdivided and converted to DjVu format for use at the Hebrew Wikisource (Hebrew Arukh Hashulhan text project here). To add further material, division of the full-volume PDF files can be done using PDF Split and Merge. Resultant files should be kept up 10M (such that each full volume is divided into about 6 files). Conversion of the smaller PDF files to DjVu can be done using the DjVu Any2DjVu Server. See also Help:Creating a DjVu file.
Explanation of file namesEdit
- AHS = Arukh Ha-Shulhan
- OH = Orah Hayyim
- YD = Yoreh Deah
- EE = Even Ha-Ezer
- HM = Hoshen Mishpat
- A = volume I, B = volume II, C = volume III
- Numerals indicated first file, second file, etc.
- Numbers in parenthesis are the simanim (sections) included in the file
Available PDF scansEdit
The following scans are available at hebrewbooks.org. Those that serve at the basis for files here at the Commons are noted.
- Orah Hayyim, volume A (poor quality scan). Includes the original 1903 [תרס"ג] title page.
- Orah Hayyim, volume B (poor quality scan).
- Orah Hayyim, volume C (poor quality scan).
- Yoreh Deah, volume A (poor quality scan).
- Yoreh Deah, volume A (reasonable quality scan). Missing the last seven pages of the volume.
- Divided into seven individual files here at the Commons: AHS YD A1 (1-28), AHS YD A2 (29-40), AHS YD A3 (41-60), AHS YD A4 (61-78), AHS YD A5 (79-97), AHS YD A6 (98-111), AHS YD A7 (112-122).
- AHS-YD-A-HB14242-9106.pdf contains the entire first volume of Yoreh De'ah (the last seven pages have been added to the scan of reasonable quality from the lower quality one in order to complete the text, and the the older title page from the latter scan has been appended at the end).
- Yoreh Deah, volume B (reasonable quality scan).
- Even Ha-Ezer (poor quality scan). Includes the original 1905 [תרס"ה] title page.
- Even Ha-Ezer (reasonable quality scan).
- Divided into seven individual files here at the Commons: AHS EE1 (1-28), AHS EE2 (26-36), AHS EE3 (37-65), AHS EE4 (119-130), AHS EE5 (131-143), AHS EE6 (144-154), AHS EE7 (155-178).
- AHS-EE-HB14243-9105.pdf contains the entire Even ha-Ezer in the scan of reasonable quality scan (plus the original 1905 [תרס"ה] title page has been appended at the end).
- The volume on Gittin from the original edition (Pietrekov, 1904 [תרס"ה]) is available in a high-quality scan here.
- Hoshen Mishpat, volume A (poor quality scan). Includes the original 1884 [תרמ"ד] title page.
- Hoshen Mishpat, volume B (poor quality scan). Includes the original 1893 [תרנ"ג] title page.
- Hoshen Mishpat, volume B (reasonable quality scan). Missing the last six pages of the volume.
- Divided into five individual files here at the Commons: AHS YD B1 (189-240), AHS YD B2 (241-275), AHS YD B3 (276-332), AHS YD B4 (333-388), AHS YD B5 (389-427) (missing the last six pages).
- AHS-HM-B-HB14241-9104.pdf contains the entire second volume of Hoshen Mishpat (the last six pages have been added to the scan of reasonable quality from the lower quality one in order to complete the text, and the original 1893 [תרנ"ג] title page has been appended at the end).
Levush on the missing parts of Aruch ha-ShulhanEdit
Parts of the work Arukh ha-Shulchan in Yoreh Deah and Even ha-Ezer are lost or missing in the original printed edition:
- Hilkhot Avodah Zarah (Yoreh Deah 123-182).
- Hilkhot Nedarim (Yoreh Deah 202-239). This was recovered and finally published in 1992.
- Hilkhot Maaserot (Yoreh Deah 331-332). This is not truly lost, but rather the author purposely skipped this section since he dealt fully with the relevant laws in Arukh ha-Shulchan he-Atid on Zeraim.
- Hilkhot Ketubbot (Even ha-Ezer 66-118).
For these missing parts, the Arukh ha-Shulchan text project at Hebrew Wikisource will suggest the text of Levush Malkhut by Mordecai Yoffe as a useful alternative (Levush Malkhut served as a model for the work Arukh ha-Shulchan). Scanned pages of Levush for the missing parts of Arukh ha-Shulchan are therefore included in this category, as well as in the category for Mordecai Yoffe.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Yechiel Michel Epstein"
The following 57 files are in this category, out of 57 total.
- AHS EE1 (1-25).djvu
- AHS EE2 (26-36).djvu
- AHS EE3 (37-65).djvu
- AHS EE4 (119-130).djvu
- AHS EE5 (131-143).djvu
- AHS EE6 (144-154).djvu
- AHS EE7 (155-178).djvu
- AHS HM B1 (189-240).djvu
- AHS HM B2 (241-275).djvu
- AHS HM B3 (276-332).djvu
- AHS HM B4 (333-388).djvu
- AHS HM B5 (389-427).djvu
- AHS OH 429-494 (Pesah)...
- AHS OH 429-494 (Pesah)...
- AHS YD A1 (1-28).djvu
- AHS YD A2 (29-40).djvu
- AHS YD A3 (41-60).djvu
- AHS YD A4 (61-78).djvu
- AHS YD A5 (79-97).djvu
- AHS YD A6 (98-111).djvu
- AHS YD A7 (112-122).djvu
- AHS YD B1.djvu
- AHS YD B2.djvu
- AHS YD B3.djvu
- AHS YD B4.djvu
- AHS YD B5.djvu
- AHS YD B6.djvu
- Aruch HaShulchan.jpg
- Leil Shimurim (copy 2)...
- Leil Shimurim.djvu
- Levush Avodah Zarah.djvu
- Levush Avodah Zarah.pdf
- Levush Nedarim.djvu
- Levush Nedarim.pdf
- Levush Terumot u-Maser...
- Levush Terumot u-Maser...
- Or LaYesharim.djvu