English: Location of Zeeland. Zeeland consists of a couple of islands and a coastal area bordering Belgium. In history, this province had a big struggle with the water which led to the Zeeland flooding disaster in 1953. To defeat water once and for all, the Deltawerken were created, a huge technological project to protect the dykes from breaking down. For tourists and youth, there are nice towns with beaches and nightlife, like Renesse.
This category has the following 36 subcategories, out of 36 total.
- ► Economy of Zeeland (1 C)
- ► Former synagogues in Zeeland (1 C)
- ► Gemeentelijke monumenten in Zeeland (6 C)
- ► History of Zeeland (12 C, 35 F)
- ► Nature of Zeeland (4 C, 9 F)
- ► Populated places in Zeeland (172 C, 2 F)
- ► Trams in Zeeland (20 F)
- ► Vliedbergen in Zeeland (5 C, 24 F)
- ► Walcheren (8 C, 24 F)
Media in category "Zeeland"
The following 19 files are in this category, out of 19 total.