English: A zip-line (also known as a zip line without a hyphen, zip wire, aerial runway, aerial ropeslide, death slide, flying fox, Tyrollean runway or canopy tour) consists of a pulley suspended on a cable, usually made of stainless steel, mounted on an incline. It is designed to enable a user propelled by gravity to travel from the top to the bottom of the inclined cable by holding onto, or attaching to, the freely moving pulley. Zip-lines come in many forms, most often used as a means of entertainment. They may be short and low, intended for child's play and found on some playgrounds (see Category:Aerial runways). Longer and higher rides are often used as a means of accessing remote areas, such as a rainforest canopy. Zip line tours are becoming popular vacation activities, found at outdoor adventure camps or upscale resorts, where they may be an element on a larger challenge or ropes course. The jungles of Costa Rica, Florida, and Nicaragua are popular destinations for zip line enthusiasts.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Zip lines"
The following 39 files are in this category, out of 39 total.
- 7SAR Zipline into Water.png 912 KB
- Canopy Tour El Salvador.JPG 1.39 MB
- Cashmere Valley 010.jpg 2.01 MB
- Cashmere Valley 012.jpg 1.99 MB
- Cashmere Valley 015.jpg 3.57 MB
- Cashmere Valley 017.jpg 2.48 MB
- Cashmere Valley 020.jpg 2.79 MB
- Cashmere Valley 021.jpg 1.7 MB
- Cashmere Valley 022.jpg 1.68 MB
- CLIMB UP! - Seilrutschen-Abfahrt.jpg 1,010 KB
- Crazy people (10001123225).jpg 6.68 MB
- EcoFun - Canopy River.JPG 948 KB
- Flying Fox.jpg 146 KB
- Gatineaufleche.jpg 153 KB
- Karkonosze 0035.JPG 624 KB
- Pine Jump Rope Course.jpg 658 KB
- Preparation for zip-line.jpg 8.89 MB
- Tapijulapa Canoppy.jpg 3.34 MB
- Zip Line over pond.jpg 5.68 MB
- Zip line over water.jpg 577 KB
- Zip-line Tirolesa.jpg 3.72 MB
- Zip-Line.svg 3 KB
- Zipline (15945985243).jpg 5.75 MB
- Zipline Over Lake.jpg 196 KB
- Zipline zoocolate.jpg 66 KB
- Zipline.JPG 1.54 MB
- Ziplining WV banner.jpg 896 KB