Commons:Animated image resources
- Category:Animation editors
- en:Wikipedia:WikiProject Images and Media
- en:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Images and Media#Animated images project - proposed project.
- en:Wikipedia:Village pump (technical)
- en:Wikipedia:Graphic Lab
- Commons:Graphics village pump
- Commons:Graphic Lab
Note: Click the escape key to stop a GIF at any point. Reload the page to restart the animation. The escape key works in Firefox and Internet Explorer, but not in Chrome.
Animations to videosEdit
- en:Wikipedia:Village pump (technical)/Archive 75#Animations to videos
- fr:Wikipédia:Atelier graphique/Didacticiels graphiques/Conversion d'une animation gif en vidéo Ogg Theora (in french)
- Converting an animated GIF and Converting a Theora OGG video to an animated GIF in Help talk:Converting video
- Commons:File types#Video
- Category:Commons video resources
Animated GIF size limitEdit
The size of an animated GIF is calculated 2 different ways. For an explanation see the introduction of this category:
Forcing the rescaling of thumbnails of animated GIFsEdit
- Note: Animated GIFs that exceed the size limit are not scaled by MediaWiki. See the previous section and the links therein for more info.
Purge the image description page on the Commons. See en:WP:PURGE, and the sections there that discuss the use of purge gadgets. The purge gadgets seem to work most consistently for image rescaling. It may take awhile for MediaWiki to get around to doing the rescaling. It depends on how busy the MediaWiki software is, and on the task queue. After awhile reload the page with the thumbnail while bypassing your browser cache (Ctrl-F5 on Firefox). This may pull up the newly rescaled GIF thumbnail. See: en:WP:BYPASS. If this doesn't work you may need to try later. You may also need to purge that page also. A simple purge may work. If there is still a problem, ask for help at en:Wikipedia:Village pump (technical). --Timeshifter (talk) 06:16, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
Better MediaWiki scaling of optimized animated GIFsEdit
- Bugzilla:11822 - rescaling of animated gif increase size
- en:Wikipedia:Village pump (technical)/Archive 75#GIF thumbnails in fact greatly increase file size!!!
- Bugzilla:24855 (MediaWiki 1.17) - Black color is always taken as transparent when downsampling GIF images (exsample)