Commons:Batch uploading/Edo period coin collecting catalogues< Commons:Batch uploading
- Source to upload from:
The website of the University of California at Santa Barbara. 🎓
- Do the media URLs follow a pattern?
Kokin kousei, Shinsen zeni kagami (Corrected Against Past and Current Records, A New Selected Mirror of Cash Coins):
Shinpan kaisei, Kosen nedantsuke, Narabi ni bantsuki (Improved New Edition: Price List of Old Coins, Together with Rarity Ranking):
- Does the site have an API?
Not that I’m aware of.
- What else could ease uploading? (is the site valid XHTML, do they use a WCM…?)
Not my subject of expertise.
- Did you contact the site owner?
No, though I have attempted to contact him through his information provided here which may or may not be out of date, after that I tried it here which also bore no results. These images are in public domain so his permission is not needed. 📚
- Describe the works to be uploaded in detail (audio files, images by …):
The images are of 2 books both of which were published in Edo period Japan, the images themselves are “large JPG” files of around 200 kb each (yes, “large” files, note 📝 that this website was last updated in 2003 or so), and generally contain two (2) pages with a description. The description in this case should not be copied as it was written by Dr. Luke Roberts himself.
The first book is owned by Dr. Luke Roberts and is from 1842 while the second book as published in Nagoya in 1799 and is (or was?) owned by collector Sam Leung. Both of them are too old to be copyrighted. Also note that the authorship of the second book 🕮 is (currently) unknown.
The books themselves are coin collecting catalogues containing the images of various Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese (Annamese), and sometimes Muslim coins and have their prices and rarity written next to them, the illustrations generally exclusively show the obverse of the coins unless the reverse is notable as well. These books 📚 are old but well-preserved so they’re still easy to read and the scans themselves (though in contemporary times considered to be “small”) are of high quality.
- Which license tag(s) should be applied?
Public domain from Japan. 🗾
- Is there a template that could be used on the file description pages? Do you think a special template should be created?
Also I think that the page from where the image 🖼 was uploaded from should be properly linked 🔗 so the information regarding the coins and the translation of the pages are easily accessible.
|Assigned to||Progress||Bot name||Category|
|Donald Trung||Both books 📚 are Done .||None||See below|
- Batch 1 (one) is now live at Category:Kokin kousei, Shinsen zeni kagami. --Donald Trung (Talk 💬) ("The Chinese Coin Troll" 👿) (Articles 📚) 10:41, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
- Batch 2 (two) is now live at Category:Shinpan kaisei, Kosen nedantsuke, Narabi ni bantsuki. --Donald Trung (Talk 💬) ("The Chinese Coin Troll" 👿) (Articles 📚) 11:14, 15 December 2017 (UTC)