To prevent new floods of uploads on my main user account, I would like to get a bot flag in this account. It's only purpose is to mass upload .png public domain book scans taken from various sources (Google Book Search, National Library of Brazil, National Library of Portugal etc) in order to play within ProofreadPage extension on Wikisource.
- What are your past uploads floods?
- Category:Noções Elementares de Archeologia → s:pt:Noções Elementares de Archeologia/I (still needing categorization by subject and incomplete on Wikisource :( ): 300 files
- Category:Carta a el-rei D. Manuel sobre o achamento do Brasil: 28 files
- Category:Os Lusíadas: 376 files
- Category:Peregrinaçam: 46 files (the category have 48 files, but two aren't uploaded by me due to some obscure bugs)
- Why not single uploading in one .djvu file?
- Sometimes I need to split a larger file into small djvu files due to the 20Mb issue, like I've done at Category:Peregrinaçam: instead of uploading one ~130Mb .djvu converted from the 42Mb PDF, I uploaded the files using the splitted PDF files converted in djvu;
- .djvu conversion is lossy. Books from Google Book Search downloaded as a .pdf and converted to .djvu generates a small and low-quality file. But using the Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional I get a few dozens of high-quality (600 dpi) .png files. It will be useful to crop images from the texts sets.
- Could you please make a test run? --EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:17, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Done: I've uploaded the first 30 pages from a book of 148 pages (but MediaWiki don't render then =( ). Lugusto • ※ 02:30, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- Nuked the .pngs, replacing by .jpgs files (I hope that MediaWiki now supports it). Please re-check.
- @Multichill: the category is the name of the book. This is done like as in Category:Scanned English texts (the fully categorization is done only at the category that have the book name). Please let me known if you have any suggestions of different category schemas.
- Lugusto • ※ 19:00, 31 October 2008 (UTC)