The following is a list of very notable public domain works that are lacking high resolution files on Commons. Please strike-thru once a wish has been granted.
- The cover for the 1913 Armory Exhibition catalog, which was basically the most important art show ever. Watermarked version.
- The Horse in Motion by Eadweard Muybridge. We currently have a medium resolution file. Could probably be scanned from this book.
- Circa 1880 self-portrait of Eadweard Muybridge. Watermarked version.
Yosemite Valley, Yellowstone Park by Albert Bierstadt. We currently have a medium resolution file.Done
- Scans of PD editions of pulp fiction like s:Weird Tales. See  and 
- An image of Coco Chanel. For example 
- An image of actress Tallulah Bankhead in high resolution. For example .
- A younger high res photograph of author Rebecca West. For example 
- A high res image of actress Edna May. For example 
- High res portrait of actor and activist Paul Robeson. For example 
- High res image of aviator Bessie Coleman. For example 
- This totally bizarre baby photo of Judy Garland 
- High resolution "freak show" images. For example, Lionel Bilrouki, the Lion-Faced man 
High res image of cross dressing female British soldier Hannah Snell Done
- Anything by or about Romaine Brooks
- An image of a Hydrostatic skeleton in high resolution. For example 
- images of roman military equipment in general, especially roman helmets. For example helmet type Mannheim