Project namespace (also called "the Commons namespace" or "Commons: pages") is a namespace that provides information about Wikimedia Commons.
- Pages in the Commons: project namespace will always have the prefix Commons:.
- The Commons: prefix on a page indicates that the page provides information about Commons and how to use it.
- The page you are now reading is located in the Commons: project namespace.
The main gateway for the project namespace is Commons:Community Portal. A link to this page is always available in the sidebar. The Community Portal includes categorized links to the most useful pages related to the project. For more complete lists of pages in the project namespace, see:
- Commons:Utilities - index of many useful pages
- Category:Commons administration - a list organized by subject
Another helpful tool in navigating the project namespace is Commons:WC, a collection of shortcuts that function as a pseudo-namespace. Some of these shortcuts are displayed on the pages they lead to, as a reminder.
Some people refer to pages in the project namespace as meta pages. However, this can be confusing, because Meta is actually the name of the site dedicated to discussion covering all Wikimedia projects, including Wikipedia. See Meta.
- Commons:Glossary, a page in need of creation
- Commons:Editor's index to Commons
- meta:Namespace, summary of namespaces across all Wikimedia projects
- w:Wikipedia:namespace, namespaces specific to the English Wikipedia
- w:Wikipedia:Glossary (w:WP:G) - list of terms used on Wikipedia (many also used on Commons)