Shortcut: COM:CHECK, COM:RFCU, COM:SOCK
This is the place to request investigations of abuse of multiple accounts or of other circumstances that require use of checkuser privileges.
Requesting a check
|These indicators are used by CheckUsers to allow easier at-a-glance reading of their notes, actions and comments.
|| Checkuser is not for fishing.
| Checkuser is not magic pixie dust.
|| The CheckUser Magic 8-Ball says
| It looks like a duck to me
|| Checkuser is not a crystal ball.
| Additional information needed
|| Deferred to
Please do not ask us to run checks without good reason; be aware of the following before requesting a check:
- Checkuser is a last resort for difficult cases; pursue other options first, such as posting on the administrator's noticeboard.
- Running a check will only be done to combat disruption on Commons, or as required to assist checkuser investigations on other Wikimedia wikis.
- Valid reasons for running a check include, for example: vandalism where a block of the underlying IP or IP range is needed and suspected block evasion, vote-stacking, or other disruption where technical evidence would prevent or reduce further disruption.
- Evidence is required. When you request a check, you must include a rationale that demonstrates (e.g., by including diffs) what the disruption to the project is, and why you believe the accounts are related.
- Requests to run a check without evidence or with ambiguous reasoning will result in delays or the request not being investigated.
- Requests to run a check on yourself will be declined.
- Privacy concerns