|Creation on commons|
Each program usually has its own dedicated forums and tutorials that can be found online. The search strings constructed from the name of the program, followed by the term 'forum' or 'tutorial' will usually present desirable results from your favourite search engine.
|Inkscape||可生成SVG矢量图和PNG图像。||Linux; Windows; Mac OS X||inkscape.org|| |
|GIMP||类似于Photoshop用于调整图像及生成位图、PNG、JPG、GIF和XCF。安装GIMP动画包（GAP）后也能用于视频。||Linux; BSD; Solaris; Windows; Mac OS X||gimp.org|
|hugin||拼接全景照片和修正透视。||Windows; Linux; BSD; Mac OS X; Other Unix Systems||hugin.sourceforge.net|
|Blender||创建或编辑3D图像。||Windows; Linux x86/PPC; Solaris; Irix ; BSD; Mac OS X||blender.org|
|Dia||创建和编辑简单形状的图表。支持矢量图（SVG）和多种光栅图格式。||Windows; Linux; Mac OS X||dia-installer.de|
See also Commons:Created with ... templates for more.
These software packages have been recommended by the Commons community for use in image manipulation:
- A newer program derived from it is Geeqie, its home page is http://geeqie.sourceforge.net/ (For Linux, BSD. MacOS X, Solaris).
- Paint.NET, home page at www.getpaint.net - free and open-source (closed-source since version 3.5), with a good user interface, but Windows-only. Supports PNG, GIF, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PSD (with plugin) and NEF (Nikon Electronic Format) RAW format for Nikon as well as conversion between and manipulation of images in these formats.
- FreeFileConvert, home page at freefileconvert.com - allows user to convert files in different formats, supports most popular video, audio, document and image formats.
- FileViewer - an online tool for viewing many obscure graphics formats (PPM, TGA, PCX, etc.), and converting them to JPG or PNG.
Panorama stitching / keystone correction
- MS Image Composite Editor is a stitching program with advanced orientation adjustment view and supports planar, cylindrical, and spherical projections.
JPEG is a lossy image format; most image editing software can encode and decode it but it is also possible to perform certain transformations on a JPEG losslessly.
- Jpegcrop and jpegtran:
jpegtranis a command line app that can perform a variety of lossless transformations on JPEG files; it can be used with MaPiVi for a GUI (although the selection preview size seems to be limited?). Jpegcrop is a command line tool with similar functionality, there is also a windows version available with GUI.
- There is an EXIF tag, “Orientation”, which tells viewer software that the image must be rotated before being displayed. Unfortunately, not all software supports the tag, so some images may have the wrong value in it unnoticed. The tag can be edited using exiftool (e.g. it can be neutralized with “
exiftool -Orientation=Normal”). See Commons:Village_pump/Archive/2011/10#Autorotation_using_EXIF_tag_with_MW_1.18 and Commons:Exif for more details. Physical rotation of the image instead of editing the tag can be lossy, see Commons:Media for cleanup: Sideways pictures or pictures with noticeable camera tilt.
- jpegpixi is a CLI tool to interpolate pixels in the specified part of a JPEG image without affecting the rest of it, except for the blocks which contain that part. Also included is
jpeghotp, which can find hot or dead pixels in otherwise black or white JPEG images and generate configuration for
jpegpixi(that's useful if your camera has CCD defects). Source code and Debian packages are provided.
- A GIMP plug-in to use GIMP as a GUI for jpegpixi.
- JPEGsnoop. Free and open source tool to repair and analyse corrupted JPEGs. Windows-only, but works well under WINE.
- Shiftn free and open source software for automatic correction of converging lines.
GIF should only be used for animations here, the tool list keeps that in mind.
- gifsicle: A command line tool for making, manipulating, and optimizing animated GIFs.
- UnFREEz OSS GUI-tool for making animated GIFs.
PNG is a lossless format to be used for any kind of diagram or screenshot for which SVG is not convenient.
- OptiPNG: a command line tool for optimising PNG images
- AdvPNG: a command line tool for further recompression of PNG images. Should be used after OptiPNG.
- Main article: Help:SVG
SVG, or Scalable Vector Graphics, is an XML-based vector graphics format. It can be created and edited by hand as a text file, or edited through a specialized program. Bitmaps (raster graphics) can be converted to SVG (especially diagrams, maps and so on should be)
See Help:SVG for a software list.
Ogg Vorbis (audio)
- Audacity is an advanced audio editor with support for mixing and various effects. Can export projects in Ogg Vorbis format. The manual at its site contains advice on copying audio from tapes, LPs, minidiscs etc.
- Mp3splt and oggz-chop (oggz-tools) each allow one to split Ogg Vorbis files without re-encoding.
- Shtooka Recorder is a program for windows which allows automated recording of the pronunciations of many words, expressions from a text list. (you can record 500 words in 20 minutes). It can save files in Wav/Ogg/FLAC format (including Vorbis Comment tag).
- Yazik Recorder is a cross-platform (Python) equivalent of Shtooka Recorder
Ogg Theora and WebM (video)
- Main article: Help:Converting video
Theora is a lossy video codec. On Windows you can install the Xiph DirectShow filter for playing Ogg Vorbis and Theora in Windows Media Player and Winamp. You can use the native video editing software of your operating system for editing tasks on your local machine:
- Commons:Exif (meta data)
- 共享資源:檔案類型: File types allowed at Wikimedia Commons.
- Commons:Media help: Help for how to play and view media files.
- 共享资源:音频 and Commons:Video/zh: More thorough resources
- Help:Creating a DjVu file
- Help:Removing watermarks
- Commons:Tools: Additional Functionality Tools on Wikimedia Commons.