|Welcome||Community portal||Help desk
copyright • proposals
vandalism • user problems • blocks and protections
license of audio recordingEdit
I have an audio recording of my father broadcasting the first jets in to National Airport (Reagan) in Wash, DC. in 1966. It was for WPRW in Manassas, VA. It is by Thomas C Ormond. Please let me know! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kocollier (talk • contribs) 15:17, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
Hi. I need help with licensing an image. I have the image and an email from the owner giving me the right to publish it. is a copy of that email enough? How do I prove I have the permission? And what license would that be? Thank youViarasp (talk) 09:07, 14 July 2015 (UTC)
XL Upload helpEdit
- What do you mean by XL? An extra large file? You can find information on file size limits at Commons:Maximum file size. For information on accepted file formats, see Commons:File types. —LX (talk, contribs) 11:32, 14 July 2015 (UTC)
- As in Microsoft Excel? As mentioned on Commons:File types, Commons only hosts files using free formats, and Microsoft Excel uses a non-free, non-standard, proprietary legacy file format. Furthermore, Wikimedia Commons is a media repository. We primarily host media files: images, video and audio. The kind of tabular data found in spreadsheets is typically best represented directly using wiki markup directly on the project where you want to include the data. —LX (talk, contribs) 17:02, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
Correct license for uploading an imageEdit
I have been having issues with uploading images to my wikicommons. The image that I have been trying to upload was a picture of a Chinese singer, taken by a fan during a public event. I already have the permission from this author to use this picture on wiki. However, I had a really hard time finding the correct license for this. Each time when I tried to upload an image, it was deleted from the wikicommons even if I do have the permissions from the authors. Could you please tell me which license should I use? I looked at all of the license and copyright pages and have tried everything I could, but my image still got deleted.
The picture was taken in China, and I took the picture from the author's lofter account. Here is the link of the image: http://sweetcub.lofter.com/post/4410cf_7203825 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Yids Cong (talk • contribs) 06:25, 23 July 2015 (UTC)
- If the photo is not yours, you need permission from the author (photographer). See Commons:Permission, Commons:Email templates. Upload photos with no visible watermarks. And every postes on talk-pages should be signed (down).
- Regards --Jean11 (talk) 07:28, 23 July 2015 (UTC)
Uploading a photo/photosEdit
Hi I'm uploading some photos onto Commons. It will upload the picture, but not give a thumbprint. Then it will not let me upload any more photos. Please advise
Septuple & Octuple Diamond png neededEdit
Hello, I edited the German wikipedia site of "Hikaru Utada discography" and like I saw they use images of the certifications and she got the highest certification of octuple "Million" (Japanese term for meaning of "Diamond"). Someone who could upload the images for septuple and octuple please? It's very rare I know but looks stupid if this gets no png while every certification is accepted. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Serdar² (talk • contribs) 19:26, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
- Let's see if I can decipher that. You edited de:Hikaru Utada/Diskografie that uses File:Gold record icon.svg and File:Platinum.png to represent music recording sales certifications, and now you are looking for icons like the ones in Category:Diamond disc, but with seven and eight discs, correct? —LX (talk, contribs) 21:22, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
Indonesian Wikipedia photo upload to CommonsEdit
I am working on the English Wikipedia article Mangkunegara IX, which also has his name as Mangku Negara IX.
The Indonesian Wikipedia photo of Mangkunegara IX has the file name Berkas:KGPAA Mangkunegara IX.jpg, and shows the source as https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkas:KGPAA_Mangkunegara_IX.jpg#filelinks in the details. I want this photo uploaded here, along with the proper details and licensing, so I can use it on English Wikipedia. I have not found help instructions here. Please help.--Dthomsen8 (talk) 00:44, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- id:File:KGPAA Mangkunegara IX.jpg is marked as non-free fair use content. It should not be uploaded to Commons, because fair use content cannot be hosted here. English Wikipedia allows non-free fair use content to be locally uploaded, but no Wikimedia project is allowed to host non-free fair use content if a free alternative could reasonably be created. The example used is "almost all portraits of living notable individuals".
- So it should probably be deleted from the Bahasa Indonesia Wikipedia, it probably shouldn't be uploaded to English Wikipedia, and it definitely shouldn't be uploaded here on Commons. —LX (talk, contribs) 07:17, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
problem with uploading a file on commonsEdit
When I try to upload a DjVu file for the English Wikisource (file is 258mb), I have a 413 Request Entity Too Large after filling the form. I use the old form, as DjVu files never work with the new uploader. At the top, it's indicated that the file limit is 1000Mb. How can I receive this message? Thanks! --Ernest-Mtl (talk) 18:41, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
- DjVu files never work with UploadWizard? I'd either try Commons:VicuñaUploader or this script. However if UploadWizard always fails, it's likely that these tools are hindered by the same error. -- Rillke(q?) 00:25, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
- Update: the issue has been solved, see s:Index talk:Congressional Record Volume 81 Part 3.djvu --Waldir talk 12:45, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
Public domain images, city of San DiegoEdit
I was told that images produced by a U.S. municipal government agency are public domain, how can I upload an image produced by the City of San Diego and given to me by during negotiations with the City. Also, as part of those negotiations, I modified the San Diego image as part of a counter-proposal which I made and still have both original images and would like to upload them as part of a Wikipedia article.Rnieders (talk) 01:09, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
Subir archivos en formato .docEdit
Deseo saber si se puede contribuir con archivos de formatos .doc solamente, o es necesario pasarlos a ADOBE PDF. Muchas gracias. =cachamai=