copyright • proposals
vandalism • user problems • blocks and protections
license of audio recordingEdit
I have an audio recording of my father broadcasting the first jets in to National Airport (Reagan) in Wash, DC. in 1966. It was for WPRW in Manassas, VA. It is by Thomas C Ormond. Please let me know! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kocollier (talk • contribs) 15:17, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
Disappeared photo - Пропала фотографияEdit
Однако, самой фотографии нет. Поэтому, пожалуйста, не могли бы Вы сделать так что бы фотография появилась?Заранее большое спасибо. С уважением, Донор (6 сентября 2015)
Erlangen Goethestraße 44 Goldner HandschuhEdit
Foto de Roberto "Caracol" PaviottiEdit
Estimados Sres: Ya he demostrado a Wikipedia que soy el autor de los textos y fotografías que aparecen en la página web del artista: caracolpaviotti.com.ar adjuntando el archivo original desarrollado en Microsoft Publisher. Se me autorizó a crear la página en Wikipedia por lo cual eliminaron el cartel de "posible plagio". La foto que me borraron los editores de Wikipedia puede ser descargada de la página web del artista: http://www.caracolpaviotti.com.ar/index_archivos/image2030.jpg. Por tales razones, les solicito tengan a bien reinsertar la foto en el perfil del artista en Wikipedia. Atentamente
Einstellen einer Bilddatei in eine GallerieEdit
Ich würde gerne folgende bereits hochgeladene Datei
in die entsprechende Galerie einfügen.
Wie gehe ich vor?
Vielen Dank im Voraus für Ihre Hilfe,
Failed upload to Andhra Bhasha CharitramuEdit
I have tried to upload this file: File:Aandhrabhaashhaacharitramu bhaagamu 1.pdf. In spite of all the columns filled ; it gives message failed uploads. Can someone look into the problem. Rajasekhar1961 (talk) 10:35, 26 September 2015 (UTC)
About how to do other photos apart competition Loves Monuments ?Edit
Hellow, I wamt to know how to share photos in Wikimedia apart from the competitions. Yesterday I uploaded some photos different about Monuments competitions, but I think was with Wikimedia Wizard but I'm not sure about. So and please, where I have to upload some photos from different themes..
Is there any means to make a bulk upload of pictures? I have a a family of pictures without any logo or brand and I can make them available to Wikimedia if applicable. Thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by Renato.pierri (talk • contribs) 14:32, 1 October 2015 (UTC)
- Sounds like you need Commons:VicuñaUploader or Commons:Commonist. But please note that if you did not take/create the pictures yourself, they may be copyrighted even if they don't have trademarks in them. You should not upload copyrighted files. See Commons:Project_scope#Scope_part_1:_Files. BMacZero (talk) 20:27, 1 October 2015 (UTC)
- The statement that you should not upload copyrighted files is misleading. Copyrighted files are welcome here, but they must be covered by a free copyright license issued by the legitimate copyright holder. Also, the Upload Wizard also supports uploading up to 50 files at a time. —LX (talk, contribs) 17:40, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
- It's a two-step process. First, you upload the photo to Commons (if it is a free photo) or to Wikipedia (if it is a non-free photo that qualifies for fair use under the policies of the Wikipedia project in question, e.g. en:Wikipedia:Non-free content). Then you include it on the page in question. —LX (talk, contribs) 17:35, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
Доброго дня! Сьогодні я завантажив два зображення до вікіпедії,для конкурсу наукових фотографії,але конкурс їх не приймає. Допоможіть, будь ласка, їх туди надіслати або видалити їх з вікіпедії. Дякую. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Artem Melnyk (talk • contribs) 09:28, 3 October 2015 (UTC)
I have a file of hundreds of vintage pictures of various towns in New Hampshire and Vermont. I uploaded one but found no way to describe the pic, so I deleted it. How do I add a description? Jim Hobbs firstname.lastname@example.org — Preceding unsigned comment added by Whitemount (talk • contribs) 13:56, 05 October 2015 (UTC)
مسابقه عکاسی ویکی دوستدار یادمان ها ، wiki loves monuments 2015Edit
Hi How can upload my photo for this competition? I want current link for upload these photos. Thanks, my Email address: email@example.com —Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 15:13, 05 October 2015 (UTC)
- Based on the Farsi in the heading and your IP address, I'm guessing you are looking for Wiki Loves Monuments 2015 in Iran. You can find the upload form for that contest here. You will need to have an account and be logged in using that account before you can upload.
- According to Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2015/FAQ#What are the basic rules?, submissions were accepted during September, which is now over. According to Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2015 in Iran, the contest runs between September 6 and November 6. You may wish to ask which rules actually apply at the WLM help desk. —LX (talk, contribs) 17:54, 5 October 2015 (UTC)
Upload can't generate thumbnailEdit
Using the Upload Wizard I selected a bunch of SVG files. Each gives the message, "The upload succeeded, but the server could not get a preview thumbnail." Is this a problem with my files or a hiccup with the server? I don't want to upload broken files. — Cheers, Steelpillow (Talk) 19:04, 7 October 2015 (UTC)