VicuñaUploader is a bit similar to Commonist but has some more functionality and different user interface. Among others:
- It saves metadata in session.xml file: it is possible to prepare files for upload off-line
- It checks file-name conflicts before sending files to Commons
- It supports choice of categories (almost in the same way as Upload Wizard does, and with semicolons rather than pipes as Commonist)
- It supports geotagging (by simple one-click on a map window)
- It supports chunked uploads
- It supports batch upload and can read the file descriptions from local files, however each batch must have the same description. Select a txt file from Tools > Settings > Program > Advanced; add your files in the main screen; all files will now have the content of the text file as their description.