Commons:Voice intro project/eo
A project to make audio recordings in which Wikipedia subjects speak their own name, and introduce themselves.
First suggested in a blog post, "Requesting open-licensed, open-format recordings of the voices of Wikipedia subjects for Wikimedia Commons" by Andy Mabbett (User:Pigsonthewing).
Por ke ni sciu, kiel gravaj homoj elparolas sian propran nomon kaj kiel ili sonas. La sono de ilia voĉo povas esti utila, ekzemple:
- as a way of identifying a person for people that have a vision impairment
- to confirm a person's identity, if you've heard them on, say, the radio
- to distinguish them from someone else with the same name
La elparolo estas utila:
- se vi baldaŭ renkontiĝas kun ili
- se vi baldaŭ volas mencii ilin en tuja elsendo
In fact, you’d have the canonical pronunciation of their name: their own.
Se vi estas la subjekto de Vikipedia artikolo, bonvolu alŝuti ogg audio registrado de via propra, normala parolanta voĉo.
Se vi estas Wikimedian kiuj laboras kun konsiderinda popolo, vi povas fari tion por ili.
If you are (or your subject is) fluent in more than one language, please record a separate file in each.
Try to find somewhere quiet to make the recording - even taking a few steps away from other people's conversations helps. If you're outdoors, get out of the wind.
Mi ne povas fari tion
If you can't make an MP3, FLAC or ogg file (or don't know what that means) you can e-mail us a recording in whatever format suits you and release it under an open licence. If the file is too big to be e-mailed, you can use file sharing or sound hosting services like SoundCloud or Vocaroo. We'll do the conversion for you. You're welcome to drop a note on this page's talk page if you have questions or need help.
Another alternative is to contact a volunteer on WhatsApp - please ask for contact details.
Tipe popolo diras:
"Hello, my name is [name]. I was born in [place] and I have been [job or position] since [year]"
Please include a brief pause between "my name is" and your name.
You're welcome to say more!
Listen to some of the examples, in the project's English-language category.
Kion ne diri
- Don't mention that you're making a recording for Wikipedia/Wikipedia Commons
- No advertising, pitching for work, advocacy, proselytizing or politics
- Nothing time-dependent (so not "I am currently...", "ten years ago", or "This year..." - your recording is for posterity!)
Vi plene rajtas diri pli!
- Add a link to the recording, from the subject's page on Wikidata, using P990, with a qualifier specifying the language used.
- Transcribe the recording, as Timed Text captions.
Files are sorted into categories, by language. See a list of categories, at Category:Voice intro project.