Commons:We miss you
Shortcut: COM:MISS · COM:-(
This is a list of contributors who left this project. We hope that this list remains short and that some missing contributors come back.
If you think that a community member will throw in the towel, being nice and encouraging dispute resolution in a civil manner could help so that you don't have to add his or her name to this list.
The purpose of this list is to provide a reminder to us of those valuable contributors who have left. Please only add user when you are certain that they left. If a user returns, welcome him or her back and take the name off this list.
Disclaimer: The users listed below were added by individual users and the entries were not subject to a community-wide vote. It should not be assumed that the Commons community as a whole misses the users listed below. If you are listed below, please be aware that whether or not the community as a whole supports you, someone within the community here does miss you and cares about you. For clarity, the people who miss are listed beneath each entry.
- CarolSpears: A user with good skills in image restoration. An often refreshing perspective on community matters.
- Malene: A skilled photographer with a good eye for the good composition and the excellent light. Helped raise the level at COM:FPC in its early days. Last file upload in April 2010.
- BomBom: ar-N and fr-N user who mainly edited Commons and the English Wikipedia, went on a definitive break in 2011.
- Bryan: Former bot operator and admin – provided a lot of code.
- ABF: active administrator and OTRS volunteer who resigned his tools (and also stopped editing here) in June 2012. Last seen on dewiki in March 2014.
- Pieter Kuiper: Long-time contributor who was banned in June 2012 for being nitpicky about copyrights and getting on people’s nerves.
- Delicious carbuncle: A contributor who cared about morals and the safety of children who became inactive in September 2013.
- Foroa: Really a great admin ! A hard worker who always solved the problems with great courtesy, patience, good judgment. That he has retreated from Commons since August 2013, it’s a great loss, not only for the project, but also humanly for all users.
- Katepanomegas: highly esteemed vector graphic designer – victim of URV complaints.
- Ottava Rima: A contributor who was very courteous and civil in discussions.
- Rd232: Commons admin who retired in May 2013.
- Rocket000: An extremely hard working and mellow admin, who was always friendly. A role-model for admins. Last edit in January 2013.
- Trycatch: former Commons sysop who became inactive in February 2013. Last seen on ruwiki in December 2014.
- Coat of Many Colours: A passionate contributor with a strong heart and a strong sense of justice.
- Dcoetzee: delivered with great technical knowledge sysop, was the first to give cameras to other users and to start the google art project.
- Fir0002: A great media contributor, especially on recording natural history of Australia. A strong supporter of arguments like the need for allowing non-commercial license only works in Commons.
- High Contrast: power user and former Commons sysop.
- Liamdavies: A tram enthusiast who shared his love and knowledge of trams online and offline. He shared tram and transit photos on Commons, improved Wikipedia articles, and participates in a tram museum.
- Mbz1: A passionate media contributor.
- Mike.lifeguard: absolute power user (admin + checkuser) until 2009, stopped editing in 2014.
- Biopics: Former sysop and contributor of many extremely high quality valuable images under more than one user name.
- Funfood: Former commons sysop who was very active in categorizing files.
- Russavia: The boldest, most daring user of all time.
- Sven Manguard: Former commons sysop.
- Technical 13: Template & tools wizard on various WikiMedia projects.
- Rillke: Sysop, very highly competent tools & template wizard
- Be..anyone: Helpful and technically versed user
- Coyau: Prolific contributor
- Reguyla: Was a helpful and constructive user before he exhausted the community's patience.
- INeverCry: Was a good and hardworking admin. We never forget you.