Commons:WikiProject Heraldry/Coats of arms naming< Commons:WikiProject Heraldry
The name of your uploaded file should be as descriptive and relevant as possible. Simply queue one word after another, don't use a "-" or similar inbetween.
No general standard for file naming has been established. The German-speaking Wappenwerkstatt has a consent to use e.g.
- for Germany: DEU Germershausen COA.svg
- for Austria: Wappen at sellrain.svg
- for Switzerland: WTF you like
According to the one established by the French-speaking Wikipedia Coats of arms Project, some necessary informations should appear, in this order:
- Coat of arms or Arms, or another word according to your language (Wappen, Stemma, etc.)
- Nature of the holder of arms : city / family / province / etc.
- Country of the holder, by its code : en / fr / de / etc. (give the present country)
- Name of the holder (for a city, it can be followed by the territorial subdivision it belongs to, in brackets). For example : Mex (Vaud)