Commons:WikiProject Heraldry/Coats of arms naming< Commons:WikiProject Heraldry
The name of your uploaded file should be as descriptive and relevant as possible. Simply queue one word after another, don't use a "-" or similar punctuation inbetween.
No general standard for file naming has been established for Wikimedia Commons, although different WikiProjects have their own guidelines:
The German-speaking WikiProject Wappenwerkstatt uses:
- Germany: DEU Germershausen COA.svg
- Austria: Wappen at sellrain.svg
- Switzerland: no naming convention
The French-speaking WikiProject Projet:Blasons established that the following information should appear in filenames, in this order:
- Coat of arms/arms or corresponding word in another language (Wappen, Stemma, etc.)
- Subject of the holder of arms : city / family / province / etc.
- Country of the holder, by its code : en / fr / de / etc. (give the present country)
- Name of the holder (for a city, it can be followed by the territorial subdivision it belongs to, in brackets). For example: Mex (Vaud)