Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 in South Africa
- 24 September is Heritage day. We should do something special on this day (uploadmarathon, ...)
- Three levels of Heritage Sites: National (about 15), Provincial (5000 in SA, of which 2500 in WC), and Municipal Heritage (15000, only in WC)
- The government is working on a database with all the heritage, should be ready in July
- There is a current database available at SAHRA, but it may not be up to date.
- Organising competition
- Lourie, Maarten
- Lourie, Dumisani
- Offline events
- External (cellphone companies, trying to get sponsorships, and promotion of the event)
- Isla, Blessing
- Social development
- Blessing, Dumisani, Lourie, Maarten
Please add your username, what you'd like to help with, and if you're able to plan events in your area.
- NJR_ZA (talk) - Identify current heritage and monument photos on Commons and tag them with Template:South African Heritage Site. Take and upload additional photos in and around Gauteng and Port Elizabeth.
- Islahaddow (talk) 12:02, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
- MADe (talk) 06:53, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
- Thuvack (talk) 13:30, 22 April 2012 (UTC) -- Definitely interested!!
- LouriePieterse 16:40, 15 May 2012 (UTC)
- Discott (talk) 19:36, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
- pietopper Not sure how I can help, I am based in the USA. But I have some photos of monuments to donate and also a brother in ZA with MANY photos of monuments.Pietopper (talk) 17:45, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
- Ethnopunk Possibly some modern IT monuments?
- Ossewa (Midvaal/Joburg Area) Interested, would love to do a Joburg City photowalk for this project. Need to be a reasonable group of approx. 15 people. Let me know if there are any keen photographers out there.
Moved to our external site: http://wikilovesmonuments.co.za/wiki/Timeline.
- Wikimedia South Africa Meta page
- On WikiMedia Commons
- On English WikiPedia
- en:South African Heritage Resources Agency
- en:List of heritage sites in South Africa
- en:Category:Monuments and memorials in South Africa
|Wiki Loves Monuments 2012|
Participating countries - Timeline - Progress - Documentation - Tools - FAQ - Media - - Communication - Highlighted pictures