Wikimédia France is a Wikimedia chapter.
Among other activities − detailed on Meta − Wikimédia France supports the Wikimedia Commons project and community in several ways. The entire support results are available on Category:Supported by Wikimedia France.
The chapter helps in getting accredited for various events:
The chapter negotiates privileged access for photographers to special places and collections, especially related to cultural institutions:
- Muséum de Toulouse with the Projet Phoebus
- Château de Versailles
- Various venues like the Bibliothèque Sainte-Geneviève or the École Nationale des Chartes
The chapter has purchased photographic equipment which can be freely borrowed by contributors: DLSR cameras, lenses, photo studios.
The chapter encourages participation to the Wikimedia projects, through the organisation of photographic rallies or contests like Wiki Loves Monuments:
Great gallery of Château de Maintenon - Eure-et-Loir, France
The Genoese tower in Porto at sunset - Corsica, France.
Opening and sharing public domain materialEdit
The chapter strives to create partnerships with cultural institutions, aiming among other thing to help them opening and sharing their public domain collections.
- École nationale vétérinaire de Toulouse
- Bibliothèque nationale de France
- Archives municipales de Toulouse
- Archives Départementales des Alpes-Maritimes
The chapter can help contributors to buy reference books to help describe pictures:
- Files documented with Saint-Sernin de Toulouse - De Saturnin au chef-d'œuvre de l'art roman
- Exhibition documented with the catalogue
The chapter organizes training sessions to help contributors develop their skills.
A few figuresEdit
Wikimédia France has already supported the creation of 104,939 media. Among those: