Commons:Wikipedians in European Parliament/FAQ
|Description||Participation||Equipment||Marketing||FAQ||Lists and Evaluation||Rules||Commission||Press||Result||Foto|
Feel free to add your topic / question as well!
Working language within the team will be English. Therefore it is a requirement that all volunteers can speak english.
On Monday there will be a team meeting on site where the operational planning will be done. Everyone will get the opportunity to have a break, to get around the venue or visit the city during the project, to write articles or take pictures.
We have planned to provide two shirts for everyone so we can be identified as Wikipedians. We are currently looking for sponsors.
Please: Choose your clothing and behave appropriately of the dignity of the Parliament. Nobody is require to wear a suit or necktie but your cloting should be reasonably clean and decent.
This project is strictly neutral, especially concerning any politics. Entering a Parliament and speaking to politicians may already be perceived as a political activity, something not allowed on our projects. Therefore participants are requested to waive any political advertising, such as wearing party badges etc. Also make sure to handle politicians of any party respectful and focus on the production on high quality content, no matter who is in front of your camera or who you are speaking to.
When editing articles or filming make sure to include only objective information and statements. When filming we ask for general information about the person and a short statement on their political focus - that is a neutral information. It is not an invitation for campaigning. Please explain this difference to the people you are working with and enforce them if neccessary.
After January 14th (visit of Olaf at the EP, getting an exact plan of the venue and the space provided to us), we can provide more information how we want to setup ourselves on site.
- The project "Wikipedians in European Parliament" is a joint project of Wikipedians. All participants meat each other with respect and recognition of their efforts.
- The participants behave appropriately in demeanor and appearance to the dignity of the European Parliament.
- All MEP who visit us will be photographed / videographed. Should a photographer not be willing to photograph certain politicians or politicians of a certain group this has to be told to the project manager beforehand. He will look for a solution within the group.
- All volunteers commit themselves to upload the materials produced within this project. Post-processing is allowed. A free license accepted by the Wikimedia community is to be used.
- The participants abstain from any political campaigning, eg. buttons.
- The participants commit to disclose their personal data for the project manager. To acquire access to the European Parliament it is neccessary to disclose the identity of the participants and their contact details. A passport or ID card is neccessary to enter the Parliament. Without disclosure participation is not possible. As this project is supported by the Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Chapters accounting documents can be reviewed by their staff and auditors. They are obligated to secrecy.
- The project manager is responsible for the success of this project towards the community. Therefore his instructions have to be obliged. In case of serious violations of these participation rules the project manager may exclude participants from further participation.
- The project manager may appoint another person to support him in his absence.
- In case of non-conformant re-use within the political sphere (parliament, parties, political group, MEP) all producers are obliged to first undertake serious efforts to contact the re-user in order to achieve a license-conformant re-use. This contact has to be proved to the project manager. Making this contact can also be delegated to the project manager. If the project manager does not react within 7 days to a mail of a producer, the producer may take further steps. All involved parties (volunteers, MEPs, political groups, parliament etc.) will be provided with a general mail adress.
- At any time the House Rules of the parliament have to be obeyed and instructions by the staff have to be followed.