File:Extragalactic Distance Ladder.pdf
Original file (1,500 × 1,125 pixels, file size: 432 KB, MIME type: application/pdf)
Extragalactic Distance Ladder Legend:
- Light Green Boxes: Technique applicable to star-forming galaxies.
- Light Blue Boxes: Technique applicable to Population II galaxies.
- Light Purple Boxes: Geometric distance technique.
- Light Red Box: The planetary nebula luminosity function technique is applicable to all populations of the Virgo Supercluster.
- Solid Black Lines: Well calibrated ladder step.
- Dashed Black Lines: Uncertain calibration ladder step.
- Ciardullo, Robin (July 2004), "The Planetary Nebula Luminosity Function", eprint arXiv:astro-ph/0407290
|DescriptionExtragalactic Distance Ladder.pdf||Extragalactic Distance Ladder|
|Date||16 September 2007|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||18:52, 16 September 2007||1,500 × 1,125 (432 KB)||WilliamKF||Extragalactic Distance Ladder Legend: <ul> * Light Green Boxes: Technique applicable to star-forming galaxies. * Light Blue Boxes: Technique applicable to Population II galaxies. * Light|
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on ru.wikipedia.org
This file contains additional information such as Exif metadata which may have been added by the digital camera, scanner, or software program used to create or digitize it. If the file has been modified from its original state, some details such as the timestamp may not fully reflect those of the original file. The timestamp is only as accurate as the clock in the camera, and it may be completely wrong.
|Author||William K. Foster|
|Short title||Slide 1|
|Software used||Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2007|
|Conversion program||Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2007|
|Version of PDF format||1.5|
|Page size||720 x 540 pts|