File:Fort Henry, Idaho Historical Marker 135, Sugar City, Idaho (1164650105).jpg
Original file (1,600 × 1,200 pixels, file size: 435 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
In 1810, Andrew Henry and a party of trappers from Saint Louis established a winter outpost about 6 miles west of here.
Drive from their upper Missouri beaver camp by hostile Blackfeet, they expanded their operation from United States territory into Oregon--a land with only a few British posts at that time. They built cabins and wintered here in deep snow. Game was scarce, and they had little to eat except horses. So they abandoned this area, and Henry took only 40 packs of beaver pelts--a thin catch--back to Saint Louis after a season's work.
|Source||Fort Henry, Idaho Historical Marker 135, Sugar City, Idaho|
|Author||Ken Lund from Reno, Nevada, USA|
|Camera location||View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth|
|This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license.|
|This image was originally posted to Flickr by Ken Lund at https://flickr.com/photos/75683070@N00/1164650105. It was reviewed on by FlickreviewR 2 and was confirmed to be licensed under the terms of the cc-by-sa-2.0.|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||22:09, 23 June 2018||1,600 × 1,200 (435 KB)||Hiàn (alt)||Transferred from Flickr via #flickr2commons|
- You cannot overwrite this file.