File:Saints Peter & Paul church, Peasmarsh (16001370801).jpg
Original file (3,696 × 2,448 pixels, file size: 2.3 MB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Norman origins dating from 1070. The chancel arch in iron sandstone has an unusual carved Leopard on both sides. The south one is in excellent condition. The tower was added around 1170. The chancel was considerably lengthened in 1240, and in the 14th C. the south aisle enlarged and south porch added. Windows are Lancet and Early English style. The Church is some distance from the present village of Peasmarsh. This is probably because the village was relocated to its current position after the plague.
|Source||Saints Peter & Paul church, Peasmarsh|
|Author||Jules & Jenny from Lincoln, UK|
|Camera location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth|
|This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.|
|This image was originally posted to Flickr by Jules & Jenny at https://flickr.com/photos/78914786@N06/16001370801. It was reviewed on by FlickreviewR 2 and was confirmed to be licensed under the terms of the cc-by-2.0.|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||23:07, 6 August 2018||3,696 × 2,448 (2.3 MB)||Tm||Transferred from Flickr via #flickr2commons|
- You cannot overwrite this file.