Karoline Friederike Wilhelmine von Baden
English: Frederica Caroline Wilhelmina of Baden (In Germany more common as Königin Karoline von Bayern) was the eldest daughter and child of Charles Louis, Hereditary Prince of Baden and his wife, Amalie of Hesse-Darmstadt. She was born July 13, 1776, twin sister of Katharina Amalie Christiane Luise. On March 9, 1797 in Karlsruhe, she became the second wife of Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria, Duke of Palatinate-Zweibrücken, who two years later would inherit the Electorate of Bavaria. In the ensuing years she advanced from Electress to Queen (1806). She bore eight children:
- A stillborn son, unnamed, 1799.
- Maximilian Joseph Charles Frederick, 1800, died in childhood 1803.
- Twins again:
- Maria Anna of Bavaria , 1805-1877, later Queen of Saxony as wife of Frederick Augustus II of Saxony
- Sophie Friederike, Prinzessin von Bayern, 1805-1872, married Archduke Francis Charles of Austria, and became mother of both Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria and Mexican Emperor Maximilian I of Mexico.
- Princess Ludovika of Bavaria, 1808-1892, married Maximilian Joseph, Duke in Bavaria
- Maximiliana Josepha Caroline, 1810, died in childhood 1821.
Caroline of Baden died November 13, 1841, outliving her husband by sixteen years and one month.