U.S. Army Soldiers on Bougainville advancing at dawn in the cover of a M4 Sherman tank, clearing out Japanese forces that had tried to infiltrate the U.S. lines at night; March 1944
Battle of the Bulge - Shermans of the 6th Armored Division near Bastogne, Belgium, 31 Dec 1944.
Sherman in the Battle of Okinawa, 1945
M4A3E8 Sherman tank fires its 76mm gun at enemy bunkers on "Napalm Ridge", in support of the 8th ROK Division, Korea, 11 May 1952.
Sherman today or in museumEdit
More vehicles based on M4 Sherman chassis:
- M10 Wolverine and M36 Jackson tank destroyers.
- 155mm Gun Motor Carriage M40 and 8-inch Howitzer Motor Carriage M43.
- M32 armored recovery vehicle.
- Sherman BARV (Beach Armoured Recovery Vehicle).
- Sherman M-50 and M-51 - Israeli upgunned variants.
- M-50 and L-33 Roem Israeli 155 mm self-propelled howitzers.
- Makmat 160 mm Israeli 160 mm self-propelled mortar.
- Kilshon / Kachlilit, MAR-240 and MAR-290 Israeli missile launchers.
- Trail Blazer Israeli armored recovery vehicle.