Pipe Organs of Temple Square
Temple Square has had Pipe Organs almost from the beginning. Organs that currently do not exist have ended up in other organs (some which have been demolished) with about half of those old organ pipes still somewhere on Temple Square. Some of the pipes were put into storage and some were put into another organ. This page is dedicated to those pipe organs.
Salt Lake Tabernacle organEdit
- Main gallery: Salt Lake Tabernacle organ.
This organ was built first by Australian native Joseph Ridges in 1867 as the building went up around him. The organ as seen here is the product of 1948 rebuilding and expansion by famed organ builder G. Donald Harrison of the Æolian-Skinner Organ Company, which by many is called Harrison's masterpiece. The organ has 206r, 130s, 11623p.
The angels above each of the Organ's tallest towers are crafted after the Boston Music Hall organ's angels in the same location above the tallest towers.
Salt Lake Assembly HallEdit
There are four organs that are in this building, three of which are used for practicing.
Assembly Hall Concert organEdit
This organ was built by Robert L. Sipe and Co. It has 3m, 65r, and 3,489p. The organ speaks in a German "accent." Click here for the specification.
Southwest Practice Studio organEdit
Southeast Practice Studio organEdit
Northeast Practice Studio organEdit
LDS Conference Center organEdit
Joseph Smith Memorial Building organEdit
This organ was built by Casavant Frères of Ste. Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada; it has 2m, 45r, and 2,482 pipes. View specifications here.