This documentation is transcluded from Template:GFDL/doc.
Displays a GNU Free Documentation License notice.
The template automatically sets the following categories:
In 2009, GFDL media files were mass migrated to dual GFDL/CC-BY-SA licensing on Commons. To facilitate this effort, a "migration" parameter was added to the GFDL template. If the parameter is not specified, a generic notice is displayed saying that the file may be eligible for dual licensing. Other options are as follows:
- relicense Adds a CC-BY-SA-3.0 tag immediately below the GFDL tag
- redundant Removes the migration notice and categorizes the image as not needing an update because it was already dual licensed as CC-BY-3.0 or CC-BY-SA-3.0 by its copyright holder
- not-eligible Removes the migration notice and categorizes the image as not meeting the update criteria
- needs-review Marks the file as needing careful review to determine if it meets the update criteria
- opt-out For use by copyright holders that want to opt-out of the license migration
The template is intended to be used in the following namespaces:
the File namespace
The template is intended to be used by the following user groups:
This template is localized by utilizing MediaWiki namespace messages. These can be translated at translatewiki.net