Internationalization page, used by the SVG created with ... templates
- This template is used by many templates like e.g. Created with Other tool/de with two parameters:
- the short code (mostly one letter, or a few letters) like for Igen/sub,
- the default value if no code fits. To avoid the wrong use of "en" the
|default=option is necessary.
- Igen/sub often spreads short codes to different subcategories while Igen/top uses fewer names.
- The short code defined with
s=is passed from Image generation;
- if another code should be used it can be defined with
w=; to suppress the usage of
w=without a value.
- For languages with different genders (like de, fr, it, pl, pt...) the names must be defined with the demonstratives.
The system can only display topics (f=flags, i=icons, l=logos, m=maps, ...) when a translation is provided within this template for that topic in that language. The skeleton is prepared, and when users want to see things in their language they ought to maintain and to expand that template. If a translation is missing in the current display language, only the standard text is shown, as it was before.