Open main menu
Front view of the city Hall of A Coruña, also called Municipal Palace, during the blue hour, Galicia, Spain. The modernist building, in the María Pita Square in the center of the city, was built between 1908 and 1912 to a design of Pedro Ramiro Mariño. It was inaugurated in 1927 by king Alfonso XIII. The facade is 64 metres (210 ft) wide and has 43 windows. Four statues on the third floor represent the provinces of Galicia: A Coruña; Lugo; Orense; Pontevedra. Above them is the coat of arms of the city, flanked by two women symbolizing Peace, Industry, Work and Wisdom. The clock in the central tower has four large bells made of bronze and tin.

This is the English translation of the Picture of the day description page from .

Front view of the city Hall of A Coruña, also called Municipal Palace, during the blue hour, Galicia, Spain. The modernist building, in the María Pita Square in the center of the city, was built between 1908 and 1912 to a design of Pedro Ramiro Mariño. It was inaugurated in 1927 by king Alfonso XIII. The facade is 64 metres (210 ft) wide and has 43 windows. Four statues on the third floor represent the provinces of Galicia: A Coruña; Lugo; Orense; Pontevedra. Above them is the coat of arms of the city, flanked by two women symbolizing Peace, Industry, Work and Wisdom. The clock in the central tower has four large bells made of bronze and tin.

Descriptions in other languages: