Open main menu
Chapter house located in today's museum of the Metropolitan Cathedral of Quito, Historic Center of Quito, capital of Ecuador. The construction of the catholic temple began in 1562 and it was consecrated 10 years later, but this hall was inaugurated in the 17th century by order of bishop Alfonso de la Peña y Montenegro. The chapter house contains paintings of all bishops and achbishops of the Archdiocese of Quito since 1545.

This is the English translation of the Picture of the day description page from .

Chapter house located in today's museum of the Metropolitan Cathedral of Quito, Historic Center of Quito, capital of Ecuador. The construction of the catholic temple began in 1562 and it was consecrated 10 years later, but this hall was inaugurated in the 17th century by order of bishop Alfonso de la Peña y Montenegro. The chapter house contains paintings of all bishops and achbishops of the Archdiocese of Quito since 1545.

Descriptions in other languages: