Template talk:Taxonavigation/APWebsite< Template talk:Taxonavigation
I deleted it as I don't see how it meets the inclusion guidelines for this project, as it is simply a description of a website. As for the links - as you can tell by looking in my logs I'm doing several deletions of this type (out of project scope pages / gallery pages containing no images) and find it easiest to delete them first, and then go through the delinking process, as that can be accomplished with script assistance. There is no deadline, so I have no ETA to give you. Anyhow, if you believe the page was in the scope of the project, I'd be happy to restore it for you. - Rjd0060 (talk) 04:45, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- I was almost unable to get this same page deleted after I moved it from a "/place" to a different "place" here and it was only linked to about eight different pages and categories. EIGHT! For this reason, the deletion of the page without first delinking seems to be two separate sets of standards and I am being required to maintain a much higher set. If you could comment about the truth or fallacy of this "seemingly" situation, I would appreciate it.
- The page offers some explanation for one of the taxonomy trees that is in use here. It existed before I became active here. It was originated and authored by the tree of life people. There are other pages like this one which have not been deleted. None of these reasons guarrentee that the page is within the scope, however systematic biology is within the scope as is the categorization and gallery-ization of the thousands of plant images.
- To be honest with you, I am unhappy with the name of the document and could furnish many reasons to delete it. It is linked on all of those categories and pages due to my efforts to work with the ToL people.
- The difference between the eight linked pages that prevented the deletion of this document previously compared to the more than fifty linked pages (and other) that did not prevent its deletion this time is of enormous interest to me. Thanks in advance for the explanation. -- carol (talk) 05:29, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- I restored APWebsite and moved it back to Template:Taxonavigation/APWebsite. (It was moved from Template namespace to Project namespace on 29 September 2008 by CarolSpears.) I hope that everyone can live with that. It had that name for 9 months before it was moved. If not, it can be discussed at Template talk:Taxonavigation/APWebsite. Walter Siegmund (talk) 15:38, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
More discussion on nameEdit
User talk:CarolSpears points out that Cronquist System, APG II, and Strasburger are similar pages located in project namespace. Cronquist System and APG II contain galleries. Strasburger does not. Template:Taxonavigation/Sibley-Ahlquist taxonomy is in Template namespace.
I think that the galleries should remain in project namespace, but that most of the associated text contained therein should be moved into Template namespace in a manner similar to APWebsite and Sibley-Ahlquist. Walter Siegmund (talk) 17:14, 15 November 2008 (UTC)