Ashmolean Museum, OxfordEdit
The Odda Stone. Late Anglo-Saxon inscription in Latin dated 1056 on a limestone block, found in 1675 near Deerhurst, Gloucestershire. The inscription reads, in translation, "Earl Odda ordered this royal church to be built and dedicated in honour of the Holy Trinity for the soul of his brother Ælfric which was taken up from this place. And Ealdred was the bishop who dedicated the same on the second of the Ides of April and in the fourteenth year of the reign of Edward, King of the English [12 April 1056]." AN1896-1908 M 300.
The Parian Marble, the oldest surviving example of a Greek chronological table, compiled on the island of Paros in 264/263 BC, listing important events going back to 1581/1580 BC. This is one of three known fragments of the inscription, which was acquired by Oxford University in 1667. A second fragment was lost in London during the Civil War; a third fragment was found on paros in 1897.