WebArchiveBOT is a small tool to search every 10 minutes for New Files uploaded to Commons, extract the external links, and then, request to Internet Archive to save them. The tool is designed to use the MediaWiki API read-only, and this bot account will not (and shouldn't be) used to edit any page at Commons (except for uncontroversial ones by its operator).
WebArchiveBOT is licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License.
- Operator: Davod.
- Tasks: Use the MediaWiki API read-only to search for New Files and extract external links.
- Operation: Continuously, monitored.
- When: 10 minutes between each execution.
- Maximum edit rate: None, this bot account does not edit any pages.
- Maximum query rate: 300 queries per execution (enough for a user without the bot flag).
- Language: PHP (botclasses.php) (for both backend and Web access scripts).
- Approved: Yes.
- Bot flag: No, per above (and couldn't need it).
- Other groups: None.