This is a Wikimedia Commons user talk page.
This is not an article, file or the talk page of an article or file. If you find this page on any site other than the Wikimedia Commons you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than the Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at.
This is the user talk page of 廣九直通車, where you can send messages and comments to 廣九直通車.
Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content). You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold contributing here and assume good faith for the intentions of others. This is a wiki — it is really easy.
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
File tagging File:KARMA CARTEL poster.jpgEdit
|This media may be deleted.|
Thanks for uploading File:KARMA CARTEL poster.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
- @Ytoyoda:It seems that you did not noticed that the source webpage stated that "This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License."? Of course, if you think that I made a mistake, then just notify me here, so that I can just eliminate that with CSD G7, regards廣九直通車 (talk) 11:32, 23 July 2019 (UTC)
File:Mxmtoon March 2019.jpgEdit
I don't think my image required me to send an OTRS ticket initially.
In this image the uploader asks for permission to release a screenshot to the public domain in the comment section of a YouTube video but doesn't send a ticket once gaining permission from the author. HeyitsBen(talk) 17:25, 31 July 2019 (UTC)
- @HeyitsBen:Thank you. But as the author did send us a permission email (Ticket:2019072210007225), Template:OTRS received should be placed on File:Mxmtoon March 2019.jpg, while the procession of the ticket will be another issue, and OTRS volunteers will deal with it accordingly, regards.廣九直通車 (talk) 02:30, 1 August 2019 (UTC)
This image has explicit permission right on the page, is there really any reasonable doubt that there is permission? There is no legal requirement under United States or international law to require further than what has been obtained in this case. Perhaps you see some internal issue under Wikipedia rules?--Milowent (talk) 12:48, 1 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Milowent:Regarding File:Boy Pablo Turin Italy 31 March 2018.png, please be noticed that the screenshot is from a YouTube video, where there is neither explicit free permission on the webpage of video, nor OTRS permission regarding the screenshot. Meanwhile, the screenshot is uploaded at 2018-05-03, and therefore COM:GOF cannot be applied. Please ask the copyright holder to send a permission email to email@example.com according to the instructions of OTRS, regards.廣九直通車 (talk) 14:12, 1 August 2019 (UTC)
- I know you think you are doing good work, and I appreciate every volunteer's efforts, but do you realize you are enforcing copyright law beyond what any rational corporation or holder would ever endeavor to do? You can see right on the file page that I got permission from the photographer. This photograph is used on many different language wikipedias. The joy of human existence will be very slightly lessened by its deletion, with no corresponding benefit. Many photos exist on commons with far less permission, but we'd both be long dead before you could find them all. I hope you enjoy this philosophical rant. Now we'll see if I can be arsed enough to try to track down this guy that took photograph again! And whether he can arsed enough to actually send in an email to the official Wikipedia gods beyond what we already sent me in the past.--Milowent (talk) 19:53, 1 August 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, and by the way, "explicit free permission on the webpage of the video", its right in the comments to the video.--Milowent (talk) 19:55, 1 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Milowent:Thank you. I think it is better to ask for others idea, and I have asked at COM:VPC#File:Boy Pablo Turin Italy 31 March 2018.png.廣九直通車 (talk) 04:30, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Milowent:I have removed the no permission template in the file description page, and the file is pending for license review.廣九直通車 (talk) 07:05, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
File:Construction work at Queen Alia International Airport.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.