16 November 2007
It has been nominated for deletion by its creator, and I've accidentally gotten into an edit war over the license. Could you protect it until it has been decided if it will be deleted or not? Mouse among men 04:50, 16 November 2007 (UTC)
21 November 2007
River Tees Image
I'm working on a brochure for a client in the area and would be interested in using your image of the River Tees in it. It says on the image that it is under the Free Documentation License.
Can you just clarify then if it is ok to use this image?
Samantha Ritchie 0141 353 0032 email@example.com
- Email sent. Adambro 16:25, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
it is a good image.
You say its not tagged but when I read it I see a tag?
You say this is not self-copyright tagged but I see such a tag? What am I doing wrong?
- Image:LightTruckCAFETargetMPG2.svg was tagged as missing details as to what licence it was released under and that was still the case when it was deleted some time later. Adambro 22:23, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
Yes User:Charles Fred (I think it refers to Charles and Fred) has said to help yourself with the images -he stated his purpose is to create images of places to show what they are really like and not what you usually see in travel guides etc. If you email me I can forward the flickr mail I received to you. Ther eis also another flickr user who has granted GFDL permission. PLease email me now and then I can forward them thanks Talk? 18:13, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
There are many flickr users who if asked would freely give wikimedia images. It would be very useful to keep in contact with me and I will be searching for new image agremeents for lesser developed parts of the world in the coming weeks Talk? 18:17, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
They were both by flickr mail so I don't have the email address but if you email me yourself I can forward them to you. Please respond thanks Talk? 18:23, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
I don';t understand? Look all I want to do is forward the emails I received from flickr to you but if I don't have your web address I can't do this. If you email me I can forward them onto your address. I want to get this sorted asap Ernst Stavro Blofeld 13:38, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
- Replied on user's enwiki talk page. Adambro 17:01, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
Please refer to my response
- Replied on your talk page. Adambro 21:27, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
lack of transparency
Sort of makes me think, you are the source of all evil. You deletionist bitch.
Yeah, like right, I have a personality problem. No sir, you have an outburst problem. You censor people. Your kind is not appreciated. And never was by me, nor any true wikimedian. -Edbrown05 11:21, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
- fix yourself Adambro -Edbrown05 11:39, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
Your block for the comment above
Is in fact okay by its reason, but please ask sysops who are not the one who is attacked to block. That really loocks better. Always feel free to ask me. Regards, __ ABF __ ϑ 13:03, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
- Yes I appreciate that getting a third party admin in such circumstances can be beneficial but considering this user has been blocked on the English Wikinews and is clearly only appeared here to continue to cause trouble I felt it appropriate to block straight away to try to limit the disruption to the project. Regards. Adambro
29 February 2008
Comment from User:Buga2
Good afternoon, I am a novice at Wikipedia and i do not understand many protocols used. I did not know about the use of images. Thank you and sorry. (Translated by Google.)
Permission request for image
My name is Dr Paul May from the School of Chemistry, University of Bristol (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). I am currently writing a humorous science book about the origin of molecule, mineral and gene names, which includes images & photos of relevant subjects. I found an image of Bob Marley on Wikimedia Commons that would be ideal to illustrate a gene called 'dreadlock', but the image said the permission to use the image was held in OTRS and that to use it I'd have to contact someone with an OTRS account, i.e. yourself.
FYI, the image would be used inside the book, which is due to be published worldwide commercially by World Scientific (Singapore) in summer 2008. Is it possible to get permission to use this image?
I have tried to upload my first image at File:Alex Van Halen in 2007.jpg. It is from flikr. Can you please take a look and give me some advice as to how I can make it look legit.
Thank you, 18.104.22.168 00:21, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
Your picture of the CrossCountry Class 170
Is it me or is the driver asleep?! Aha :-)
- I think he might have been from what I recall. Adambro 20:30, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
I'm using your photograph of the Olympic torch in London for my high school newspaper. It's great! Should I include your name?
- Hi Amelia. Please credit me, Adam Brookes, as the photographer. All the photos on Wikimedia Commons are released under free licences so can be reused subject to the conditions of the licences without further permission from the photographer. However, I appreciate that it is sometimes difficult to understand these conditions and in your case am happy to simply request that you mention my name as opposed to having to comply with any of the other conditions of the licences under which I've released the image. I'd be interested to see how you use the image so if this is something you could send me when it is done I'd appreciate you dropping me an email or whatever. Let me know if you want my email address. Regards. Adambro 22:35, 18 April 2008 (UTC)