- 1 Image:Location of the province Lauricocha in Huánuco.png
- 2 Image:Peru Blue Administrative Base Map.png
- 3 Please I need a map of the district in Pampas Tayacaja, Huancavelica.
- 4 Trujillo - Peru
- 5 Hello, photo of the location of the Pampas town
- 6 Hello again
- 7 Hello, photo of the location of the Huancavelica town
- 8 Wikipedia rename
- 9 File:Blijdorp_Magazine_(Blijdorp_Blad)_cover_jubilee_edition_2007-1.jpg
- 10 File:Blijdorp Magazine (Blijdorp Blad) cover jubilee edition 2007-1.jpg
- 11 PLEASE STOP REVERTING
- 12 Peru: Cities and villages in region of [..]
- 13 Category:Countries by category
- 14 Casma
- 15 Ísafjarðardjúp
- 16 Main catagory Rotterdam
- 17 Visual File Changer.js
- 18 Picture of the Year 2013 R2 Announcement
- 19 Picture of the Year 2013 Results Announcement
- 20 Moving categories
- 21 Categorising with Cat-A-Lot
- 22 Heads-up
Image:Location of the province Lauricocha in Huánuco.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry on the Requests for Deletion page..
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. In all cases, please do not take the deletion request personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!
- Hey, I saw you mentioned you uploaded the correct version, but I can't see the difference? Can you have another look? Thanks. -- Deadstar (msg) 09:06, 22 February 2008 (UTC)
- Checked again. Correct version present. Did you clear your browser cache? --ErickAgain 12:42, 22 February 2008 (UTC).
I translated the article en:Regions of Peru in French and presented it to the Good Article Review (it is a vote in the French wikipedia). One of the voter suggests that the map would be better with a scale (in kilometers). Do you think that you could add it ? May I suggest that you add scales on your other maps ? Thanks for the maps, they are very useful. Best. Poppy 19:53, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
- I noticed the translation on fr.wiki, great job. I will look into it. Next thing on my list is to work on the maps again. --ErickAgain 19:25, 20 April 2008 (UTC).
- Added a scale bar on the administrative blue map of Peru. --ErickAgain 17:18, 7 May 2008 (UTC).
Please I need a map of the district in Pampas Tayacaja, Huancavelica.Edit
Hello Erick please can make a map of the district Pampas, Tayacaja province, in the department of Huancavelica, Peru. Thank you so much to do. Thank you. I hope the map.Digary (talk) 19:44, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
Trujillo - PeruEdit
Please, Erick, can you make a map of the districts of Trujillo (Perú). I need that map to make a better article. Thank you so much. I'll be waiting for the map. --188.8.131.52 17:42, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
Hello, photo of the location of the Pampas townEdit
Erick Hello, I would hang the photo of the location of the Pampas town in the province Tayacaja in Huancavelica. The location of this city, is right in the district's namesake. I hope and thank your prompt response. Greetings. Digary. (Translated into English).Digary (talk) 17:48, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
Erick Hello, I welcome you again, and I thank you for the pictures uploaded, I would also like the image of the district Colcabamba, Tayacaja province, in Huancavelica. This is the page in the wiki in Spanish of Colcabamba. I hope your prompt response. Greetings. Digary. (Translated into English).Digary (talk) 17:28, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry it took me some time to respond, i haven't got a lot of time to spent on wiki right now, but will try to make time--ErickAgain (talk) 18:08, 5 September 2008 (UTC).
- Location_of_the_district_Colcabamba_in_Tayacaja.svg--ErickAgain (talk) 19:33, 5 September 2008 (UTC).
Hello, photo of the location of the Huancavelica townEdit
Erick Hello, I would hang the photo of the location of the Huancavelica town in the province Huancavelica in Huancavelica. The location of this city, is right in the district's namesake. I hope and thank your prompt response. Greetings. Digary. (Translated into English).Digary (talk) 19:37, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
In order to fulfill the request at w:en:Wikipedia:Changing username#Ericbronder → AgainErick, please verify that the request does indeed come from you. Thanks! EVula // talk // ☯ // 19:29, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I was able to find verification by looking at the history for your Commons userpage. Performing the rename. EVula // talk // ☯ // 19:42, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
|File deletion warning||File:Blijdorp_Magazine_(Blijdorp_Blad)_cover_jubilee_edition_2007-1.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
|Pay attention to copyright||File:Blijdorp Magazine (Blijdorp Blad) cover jubilee edition 2007-1.jpg has been marked as a copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content, that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. For images, you may find Commons:Image casebook useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added will soon be deleted. If you believe this image is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the image description page.
PLEASE STOP REVERTINGEdit
You have "reverted" work that I spent hours on for several projects on WikiSource. I place Books on WikiSource and I want these images to go in those books. I uploaded them for a reason. This work (& more to come) exist only because M.F. Maury sent 2 expeditions to draw scenes & explore South America. They are to be used by me again in BOOKS on WIKISOURCE. PLEASE stop reverting. PLEASE undo your reverting. We here on Wiki areas are supposed to work together, not against one another. I did not do as I did for no reason. I have many more images I plan to use but I don't want them reverted too. Otherwise it is useless for me to scan, resize, and clean these many images right down to **pixel editing** (a lot of time and work) these images. William Maury Morris (talk) 19:38, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
- "Hi, You've recently re-added categories after I removed them in several files. The reason I removed them was to avoid over-categorisation, which significantly reduces the usefulness of categories. Please read COM:OVERCAT before making more of these types of edits. Thanks Ozhiker (talk) 22:44, 19 October 2009 (UTC)"
- I didn't see a talk page for the above person so I guess it is you (with another account?)since you are the person who reverted. Okay, I see the point about over-categorisation and that makes a lot of sense. I have seen areas that had so many categories that I began to add more categories which is only more work. I had assumed since I was seeing them that they were supposed to be like that. My mistake and I don't want to add a lot of categories anyhow. However, I do need this, at least until I finish what I need to do with several books. I do need to add the category Category: Matthew Fontaine Maury. As far as I care that is the only one I actually need. I have about six books going on WikiSource now with several more to come. Kind regards and thank you for the polite explanation, William Maury Morris (talk) 23:09, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
- Nope, Ozhiker is not me ;-). My first revert concerned Category:Peru, which i try to keep clear of images by moving all images to specific categories. My recent reverts were to versions that Ozhiker already had investigated. In my edit summaries I tried to explain my reverts. I tried to keep the William Maury Morris categories but as it seems inadvertently reverted some of them also, my apologies for that. --ErickAgain (talk) 14:00, 20 October 2009 (UTC).
Peru: Cities and villages in region of [..]Edit
Hi Erick. Two weeks ago, you made a series of requests to move pages from the above to "Cities and villages in the [..] region.". I was about to move them when I noticed that the parent category has "region" spelled with a capital "R". May I change it directly to that? -- User:Docu at 06:27, 14 December 2009 (UTC)
|Category:Countries by category has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it.
I noticed that you have uploaded several pictures of the surroundings of Casma, I'm definitely interested if you have one picture representative of the city (Plaza de armas, Church etc.) to illustrate an article about Casma, which is missing on the French wikipedia.
Thanks by advance !
My name is Abby Sullivan and I am a master's student studying in Iceland looking at the potential for marine spatial planning in Iceland. I am working on creating a marine spatial plan for a pilot study of Ísafjarðardjúp. I've been living in Isafjordur now for a year, so I have some local knowledge about the djup, but I need to find as much information (in english) as I can about the djup. If you have any sources or recommendations for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, the image that you added doesn't include Jokulfirdir to the north -I've been told by a few people that those fjords are also technically part of Ísafjarðardjúp???
Thanks, any information would be greatly appreciated. Abby
Main catagory RotterdamEdit
Because you don't seem to know why some images that you 'catagorised away from' the Rotterdam main catagory have been placed back there (too), hereby the motivation:
Especcially now that the Rijksdienst voor het Culturele Erfgoed has overloaded the main catagory of most Dutch cities and other places with hundreds and in some cases thousands of black/white images of decennia ago, of which a lot more than that are either too detailed and structural for a general photo-site like Commons, or too unsightly and in some cases really disgusting, it is concidered to be relatively important that in the main category of the relevant places as much as possible good and representative other photo's are in the first rows.
For only thus these catagories can function as the 'show-window' of the relevant subject (i.c. town or other place) which they should be in the interest of most visitors, who most likely expect to immedeately find a collection of the most representative images about the subject they turn to Commons for.
Of course it's possible that you think one or more of the Rotterdam images I uploaded thus that they are in the first rows of the main category are not "good" and/ or not "representative", but in that case please give a motivation before categorising them away from the main one; especcially now (which situation according to the discussion of which a copy goes hereby, still can last for years).
- Thanks for the info, for the time being seems ok, but the idea still is to categorise all images and completely empty the Rotterdam category. Just as it almost was when i was working on it before the upload of all the RCE images. So to make clear the reason for recategorising was not beacasue the images were not good or not representative. Besides all this: for a general show-window the Rotterdam page can be used --ErickAgain 19:57, 30 July 2013 (UTC).
- User Natubico apparently has some preconceived ideas about Commons that are not common on Commons, as far as I know. I agree with your stance to empty the city category completely. A "show-window" will per definition be filled with POV pictures, which is not as per wikipedia for the common good. --VanBuren (talk) 12:55, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
Visual File Changer.jsEdit
Hi, I see you created some order in pictures related to Rotterdam, good work! Do you know VisualFileChange.js? It's a tool that lets you batch-edit files. For instance, you can prepand and append any text or replace WikiText. I find it really useful. --Vera (talk) 16:49, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R2 AnnouncementEdit
Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!Edit
- <Wikibase-terms/AgainErick>: Deutsch, Ελληνικά, English, français, magyar, italiano, македонски, 日本語, русский, svenska
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category have continued to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 2 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.
Picture of the Year 2013 Results AnnouncementEdit
Picture of the Year 2013 ResultsEdit
- In other languages: Deutsch, español, français, 日本語, Nederlands, русский, svenska, Türkçe, українська
The 2013 Picture of the Year competition has ended and we are pleased to announce the results: We shattered participation records this year — more people voted in Picture of the Year 2013 than ever before. In both rounds, 4070 different people voted for their favorite images. Additionally, there were more image candidates (featured pictures) in the contest than ever before (962 images total).
- In the first round, 2852 people voted for all 962 files
- In the second round, 2919 people voted for the 50 finalists (the top 30 overall and top 2 in each category)
We congratulate the winners of the contest and thank them for creating these beautiful images and sharing them as freely licensed content:
- 157 people voted for the winner, an image of a lightbulb with the tungsten filament smoking and burning.
- In second place, 155 people voted for an image of "Sviati Hory" (Holy Mountains) National Park in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine.
- In third place, 131 people voted for an image of a swallow flying and drinking.
We also sincerely thank to all 4070 voters for participating and we hope you will return for next year's contest in early 2015. We invite you to continue to participate in the Commons community by sharing your work.
the Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.
When you move a category like Category:Haven van Dordrecht, it's better (and easier) to rename it instead of creating a new one. See the "move" link in the dropdown to the left of the Search box (if your interface is like mine). --ghouston (talk) 10:03, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks, next time I'll try the move.--ErickAgain 11:05, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
Categorising with Cat-A-LotEdit
- Thank you for noticing. As a fact i'm using both gadgets at this moment more or less depending on the number of files and the number of categories i encounter. Hot-Cat is a bit easier to use and takes category redirection and disambiguation into account. --ErickAgain 15:21, 17 March 2015 (UTC).
Hi, as an active colleague on upload projects, I thought I'd drop you a personal heads-up for my request for adminship, today being the last day for views. RFA's tend to only have a small proportion of the community taking part, so it can be difficult to judge if this is representative. --Fæ (talk) 13:37, 17 September 2015 (UTC)