I am more likely to read your comment on the Wikipedia: English Wikipedia User talk space for AllyUnion.
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate topic pages, categories, optionally galleries, or both of them (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Pacific Ocean at Will Rogers State Beach.jpg was uncategorized on 25 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Sunset at Will Rogers State Beach 3.jpg was uncategorized on 25 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Sunset at Will Rogers State Beach 2.jpg was uncategorized on 25 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
I am looking at File:Golden Pavillion 2010 04 29 60.JPG and File:Golden Pavillion 2010 04 29 76.JPG, and I see that you have requested to move the files so they are on the correct date. Could you please confirm by changing the summery to reflect the correct dates. Then I will move the files. Thanks. Techman224Talk 22:51, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
Your account will be renamedEdit
19:46, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
01:46, 21 April 2015 (UTC)