User talk:Alno/Archives 2006
Although I voted oppose on your RfA, I think you have the potential to make a great administrator. It looks like you're interested in administrative/cleanup work which is great. I just think you should spend a little more time on Commons specifically, because each wiki has slightly different rules and procedures. See Commons talk:Administrators#What should prospective admins do? for some ideas. If you withdraw this request and spend a few weeks doing these things, I will wholeheartedly support any future request. cheers, pfctdayelise (translate?) 02:13, 10 August 2006 (UTC)
- Hi pfctdayelise, and thanks for your message.
- I really understand your position, I think I may have the same behaviour if I had to vote for an adminship request on fr: for someone who seems to be really young in the project (low editcount and recent account creation - even if some high editcount is sometimes not relevant). However, I'm used to first read the FAQs when I want to contribute somewhere on the internet :) Here on Commons, I've been reading much more than I wrote!
- Anyway, I will not be angry if I am not admin here, I'll just try to help of my best, and see later (in a few monthes at least) if I can help more by asking again for adminship :)
- Thank you again for your kind message,
- Best regards from France,
- -- AlNo (talk) 09:01, 10 August 2006 (UTC)
It is very confusing/annoying that your signature only links to your fr.wp pages. Could you please link to at least one of your Commons pages? (user or user talk) You can put (fr) in brackets or something like that and link to the fr.wp one as well.
- Hi, sorry for the inconvenience.
- I've initially designed my signature for projects where I do not contribute much.
- Is that one more accurate?
- -- AlNo (talk) 12:17, 17 August 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for translating Template:Speedywhat/fr.
Fred Chess 16:17, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for that good idea - I've got rid of the redir. Fancy translating those templates into French? Cheers.--Nilfanion 00:04, 21 September 2006 (UTC)
Merci pour l'astuce! Je m'en occuperai. Man vyi 15:26, 23 October 2006 (UTC)
Babel native speakerEdit
And I thank for the hint :) Lusitana 15:41, 21 November 2006 (UTC)
I added mg, have not added the color thing yet, seems like a lot of complication with the result of making the matrix harder to read, plus it'd have to be updated each time there's a change.
On the other hand, if you'd like a version with just the languages you're interested in, just leave me a note with the requested language codes and your username and I'll drop off the template into your userspace. Okay? :) ~Kylu (u|t) 18:53, 22 November 2006 (UTC)