|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:PurpleTrillium.jpg is uncategorized since 12 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:36, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Old Man's Beard.jpg is uncategorized since 12 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:36, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:YellowPoplar.jpg is uncategorized since 12 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:36, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:CaterpillarOrange.jpg is uncategorized since 13 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:37, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:BladderNut.jpg is uncategorized since 13 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:37, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Cicada2011a.jpg was uncategorized on 3 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 4 November 2011 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
My name is Edoardo Bit, I am an architect and also a “young researcher” of the University of Ferarra (Italy).
I am writing a book on the “green walls technologies” and I have found very interesting a photo in your page. So, I would kindly ask you if I can use it in my book.
Obviously, if you gently decide to grant me the permission, your name (or your nickname) and the link of the picture will be correctly cited in the credits of my publication.
My e-mail is: email@example.com
Edoardo.bit (talk) 12:47, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
Hi Amos - could you add a location for File:NuthatchThreat122713.jpg, please? It seems likely that White-breasted Nuthatch will be split into 3 species in the future (ref), and knowing the location is important for distinguishing which species is involved. Thanks! - MPF (talk) 18:25, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
File:CrocusThomasinianus9.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.